Scammer - Barry Smith

Stall_Gear

Crazy how he is still using this email address....

I saw it for what it was the second he sent the below mails. I then searched his email a few days later (today) and found this thread:

message received: (you can see the copy paste he uses on lots of items, he doesn't mention "bike" once"

I am really interested in buying this for my cousin as a surprise for him only if you can assure me that everything is in order, I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore. I want this to be a surprise for my cousin so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him, I am sure he will be more than happy with it. It will be secured paying via Neteller as I'm on a rig offshore. So let me know if you have an account with Neteller so I can make the payment asap. Note well: Pick up agent will come for the pickup as soon as I have made the payment.

THEN IT GETS EVEN BETTER!!

Thanks for the email but I need to inform you about this, I got a message from the pick up agent, am most sure I include that in my previous emails, he said he wouldn't be able to come for the pickup unless I pay him the agent commission fee via shop-rite first in order to be able to schedule a pick up time, I would have loved to pay him directly via shop-rite but there is no way I can pay online! So I have to ask you to help me with the pickup fees, I will include the R1,850 he has charged me to pick up the item with a (1st class treatment), to the payment I will be sending to your Neteller account, so after I have made the payment I will need you to help me send the R1,850 to the pick up agent through Shop-rite.I will send total payment of R19,900 into your Neteller account, which means R18,000  for the Item while R1,850 for the Pick-Up fee and the remaining R50 will be for the Shop-rite charges for sending the fund to the agent is that clear to you? I will make the payment as soon as you agree to help me with this. Kind Regards.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahaha.... I also went through this today... He wanted me to open a Skrill account. Barry oh Barry...

I don't think he as the intellectual capacity to try a different MO

I got the same story from this guy. Got as far as getting an ID copy from him. Some poor Barry Smith really exists and has had his ID stolen.

Edited by Admin
ID Image Removed

I got the same story from this guy. Got as far as getting an ID copy from him. Some poor Barry Smith really exists and has had his ID stolen.

That's not very clever, posting a (possibly) stolen ID document on a semi public forum. You should at least blank or disfigure the number, barcode etc.

• 2 weeks later...

He is now going by new email, but same number... Here was his message

I am interested in buying the bike. Kindly get back to me via email at goodhearted002@gmail.com waiting to hear from you soon

He is now going by new email, but same number... Here was his message

I am interested in buying the bike. Kindly get back to me via email at goodhearted002@gmail.com waiting to hear from you soon

Got the same whats app message to contact him  via goodhearted002@gmail.com...

Just ignored and deleted the message.

Can't someone play him along and send him a bogus address to do the "pickup", see how long you can string him along and how much of his money you can waste.

First one address then when he complains no one was there then Ag sorry got the road wrong, I have to leave it with my uncle/aunt because I'm on the road all day, please collect at this address etc etc

Edited by Skylark