Scammer - Barry Smith

Stall_Gear

Just got a Wa from him now too, it screamed scam even before true caller flagged it as fraudster.

Like really now, what the eff is the logic in sending a WhatsApp to tell me to email you, that is like going ass backwards from ass backwards. That's the level of stupidity that gets you fired from government for Petes sake.

Anyway, emailed him from one of my throw away addresses because you know, screwing with scammers is fun.

Please send him on a wild goose chase once he has made "payment", send him to 2 different public places to collect the bike, making mistakes all the way and then after that is finished say that you have discovered the payment is fake and tell him to fk off.

I'd be interested to see how he responds to some of his own time and money being wasted.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He also tried to buy my bike from me through Neteller saying he is working on a rig off sore and wants to buy the bike for his lucky cousin living in Paul Roux hahaha

+1, same happened on 15 October. Wanted to send bike as surprise to his son for his birthday while he's away on the rig.

Some agent was going to collect the bike.

Edited by Peteskete

• 2 weeks later...

Also got a whatsapp from the oke today.

Email address:goodhearted002@gmail.com

Cell number: 084 639 4721

True caller name comes up as Scammer Israel Suresh.

Edited by paulelliott

Our friend still Busy got a message fom him today . Cell 084 639 4721 and email goodhearted002@gmail.com

Edited by tmt

There's a guy selling laptops on GT. Location says Edenvale. Sent me an email from 'Barry Smith' Anyone familiar with this guy? Has to be the same con artist???

Simple scripting with automation to start with. They poll the classified websites and search for keywords. Automate responses based on this criteria. Only when people start responding do they need to start interacting.

It's a whole syndicate with a call centre sometimes. Not a single person. Their automated system sends the agents all the baits that got a response.

Edited by Moridin

I like copy / pasting viruses from my infected items mail box and sending them back to people like this - quite gratifying.

Also, whilst killing my time when I'm bored, I figure my keeping them busy is saving someone else from being scammed by them 

but that's just me  :devil:

• 3 weeks later...

I got suspicious after I received an email from Daniel Williams email address goodhearted002@gmail.com  wanting to purchase my couch.

He says that he is a a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore.

He said he's buying it for his cousin as a suprise and that a pick up agent would collect the couch

Then instructs me to open an account with Neteller and that he would tranfer the funds there.

I got really suspicious. 

Thank you guys for reporting this as you have really helped me and confirmed my suspicions. 

I like copy / pasting viruses from my infected items mail box and sending them back to people like this - quite gratifying.

Also, whilst killing my time when I'm bored, I figure my keeping them busy is saving someone else from being scammed by them

but that's just me :devil:

It is gratifying and even a fun way of whiling away time...thanks to a certain reprobate on the hub, I registered the email joe.massapous@gmail.com and got one of them to call the payphone at the magistrates court and ask for Joe.....

• 1 year later...