Amashova 2018

WeekendWarrior80

veebee,  in your opinion is A batch Shova comparable to A batch Tour Durban intensity wise  ? Thanks

I think Shova is alot more intense, but as said already if you can hang on Fox then you should be okay.

Tour Durban gives you a lil more time to find your legs...

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guilty as charged :whistling: and this year i'm bringing reinforcements so make sure you put your big boy pants on Sunday morning going for sub 2h40 :devil:

I was quite happy with the 2:44  :thumbup:

By the way what bike do you ride? Maybe a slow puncture would help you to get rid of the extra energy!

I was quite happy with the 2:44  :thumbup:

By the way what bike do you ride? Maybe a slow puncture would help you to get rid of the extra energy!

Hahaha, is was a little lonely sitting on the front all on my own.

Cervelo S5 :ph34r:

Hahaha, is was a little lonely sitting on the front all on my own.

Cervelo S5 :ph34r:

They say flattery will get you nowhere.

Especially flattering yourself  :D !

veebee,  in your opinion is A batch Shova comparable to A batch Tour Durban intensity wise  ? Thanks

Mark you will be perfectly fine in A batch. I might even call you to the front to do some work. :D

The heavier dudes generally suffer from the start of Shova. If you are not a good climber or able to hang with the lighter folk and you are of the larger size many are dropped here and often the same up every climb. A batch does not let up on the gradients and you goto hang on - similar to the climb to Pinetown on Tour of Durban

Cool, that sounds about right about A-Batch riding styles. :thumbup:

I might not be able to stick with the lead B-batch guy up Fox. So gonna start with A, pace myself up Fox and be ready to put in a big effort when B-batch comes past to latch on. At least then I should be able to clock B-batch finish time+5mins, which should mean a 10min improvement in finish time.

Does anyone know how to do substitutions? Entered my dads friend who has been to busy so he’s withdrawn and need to now sell his entry. It’s for the 106km.

Any locals in PMB know if the roadworks on Dennis Shepstone has finished?

Last time we rode it (2015), it was terrible with portage sections.

post-1372-0-82452700-1538829841_thumb.png

Won't be doing Shova unless I do a late entry at registration. I won't say I'm gatvol of road cycling, but I'm in need of getting back into mtb.

Any locals in PMB know if the roadworks on Dennis Shepstone has finished?

Last time we rode it (2015), it was terrible with portage sections.

attachicon.gifpmb.PNG

I rode it yesterday.  It was generally pretty good. There was water running across the road as it passes Mkangala.  There was also quite a lot of loose stones on the left hand side so try to stay near the middle of the lane.

I rode it yesterday. It was generally pretty good. There was water running across the road as it passes Mkangala. There was also quite a lot of loose stones on the left hand side so try to stay near the middle of the lane.

Excellent, thanks for confirmation.

Town hill is a nice descent, but I preferred this descent the last time we rode to PMB.

Cool, that sounds about right about A-Batch riding styles. :thumbup:

I might not be able to stick with the lead B-batch guy up Fox. So gonna start with A, pace myself up Fox and be ready to put in a big effort when B-batch comes past to latch on. At least then I should be able to clock B-batch finish time+5mins, which should mean a 10min improvement in finish time.

I ride this race a while back and it was a great race. I got dropped on a climb and the marshall in the car did not allow me to ride with the group coming from behind.

I ride this race a while back and it was a great race. I got dropped on a climb and the marshall in the car did not allow me to ride with the group coming from behind.

Makes sense, especially if it is a small lead group. Don't want you to interfere in the outcome of the group. Will reconsider my tactics to enjoy the day out.