Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my big worry with Sam Gaze for this race. When he blows up it is spectacular. They are only the 4th best team in the Spez tent at the moment...

He fell on his head yesterday. I'm hearing from the race that he's struggling a stiff neck and shoulders. Can't be comfortable with the rocky trails they rode today. He may start to improve by Thursday but they're out of the GC contention now unless they can pull a Flloyd

He fell on his head yesterday. I'm hearing from the race that he's struggling a stiff neck and shoulders. Can't be comfortable with the rocky trails they rode today. He may start to improve by Thursday but they're out of the GC contention now unless they can pull a Flloyd

Bit of whiplash..hope they had him checked out properly after knocking his head.. would be very irresponsible if they didn't.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He was, things changed and the combo with Beers is a lot better.

Was there a specific reason for the sub?

Edited by Gen

Gaze has been racing XCO elites, Alan U23.

Gaze has beaten Nino.

Alan hasn't.

Kind of a no brainer who gets the call up. Alan will get his turn and it will be soon.

Although they similar in age, Alan not having the pressure of stepping up to the main Epic team is a blessing in disguise

No of course Sam is the obvious choice - not disputing that at all. Would just be awesome to see what Alan could have done in the same situation.

Howard Grotts fell ill remember. Gaze got the call up leaving Alan a little Cold. Alsn then asked if he could partner Matt because they';re mates and training buddies and Spaz agreed.

Probably the most inspired decision they could have made was giving Alan his way.

Howard grotts pulled out due to illness. Gaze moved up to ride with yaro and beers got paired with Alan.

Nico Bell also had health issues which made that decision easier...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was, things changed and the combo with Beers is a lot better.

Which in my opinion, may be a blessing in disguise, the boys are young, this is great experience for them, and will hopefully blossom into the first all South African Epic champs, they certainly have the pedigree, all round good blokes and a great advertisement for MTBíng and SA.

Everyone involved in putting them together should take a bow. Sponsers, coaches, everyone!

Howard Grotts fell ill remember. Gaze got the call up leaving Alan a little Cold. Alsn then asked if he could partner Matt because they';re mates and training buddies and Spaz agreed.

Probably the most inspired decision they could have made was giving Alan his way.

Could not agree more with the following:

Well even if there was suppose to be no penalty for the cutting of corners by Anna and Anika, the commentators has made such an issue of it, commented on it so many times the Commissair have no choice but to penalise them.

G

No of course Sam is the obvious choice - not disputing that at all. Would just be awesome to see what Alan could have done in the same situation.

Yeah but I prefer that he is where is. Riding with Jaro would leave him in the spot light everyday. Any little failure they have would have eyes being cast on Alan as it is now with Sam, As it now stands, Alan's confidence is being built, not trashed, and he reputation is being reinforced and growing. So its a win win win for him. Gaze is going to be carrying a lot of weight on his shoulders, and that was evident already before the prologue.

What? Only right part there is Grotts fell ill. 

Well even if there was suppose to be no penalty for the cutting of corners by Anna and Anika, the commentators has made such an issue of it, commented on it so many times the Commissair have no choice but to penalise them.

G

As someone pointed out earlier the ladies in front of them also cut the switch backs?

If so, then all or none should be penalised