Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

Wow,,,Petacchi finished behind Candice...vir n ou toppie ry hy goed.

Hopefully he's not overdosing on that inhaler of his again.. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam confirmed on Twitter that he was in pain from head to toe for the entire stage today but he'll continue.

They are out of the running for a podium so I guess they'll support the other two teams now and go for a stage win on the time trial or grand finale...

Good news to hear that he is continuing, it would be a pity for him to leave the race this early on. Bring on the race within the race for stage honors vs GC!

Good news to hear that he is continuing, it would be a pity for him to leave the race this early on. Bring on the race within the race for stage honors vs GC!

Head to toe. Oh my word Sam, that must have been an epic crash.

Did i just see some ladies cut the course?

Yes the orange ladies as Gerald noticed. BUT what is the course?

If there's no candy tape then what did you cut?

Poor marking in my mind,

Gaze is a bit of a woes I'm afraid. I recall an innocuous looking crash in an XCO race and he immediately withdrew from the race but looked fine when interviewed. Has he had another crash since yesterday because the first one didnt look that serious. Flat track, softish ground. Poor JK, saddled with this guy.

Ja def a woosie. The fall from yesterday apparently broke his helmet. But obviously it is no biggie, crashing in a way that your helmet breaks, and then getting up and winning tough stage against the best racers in the world should be standard.

In related news - watching the ebike keep pace with the Scotties during their attack kinda makes the "it only helps a little" statement look silly.

wow you really don't like ebikes. Did your chick cheat on you with a turbo levo owner or something?

Yes the orange ladies as Gerald noticed. BUT what is the course?

If there's no candy tape then what did you cut?

Poor marking in my mind,

everyone in that group took the corner a bit short. To compare it to Kevin Evans picking his bike up, running through the field and pushing in front of other riders is very harsh in my opinion.

Edited by RudolphP

wow you really don't like ebikes. Did your chick cheat on you with a turbo levo owner or something?

No but I think his mother in law whips his butt on the grocery run using her e-bike.

An extra 250W on the ups will certainly help one keep up

the extra weight on the downs makes you go faster.

Ja def a woosie. The fall from yesterday apparently broke his helmet. But obviously it is no biggie, crashing in a way that your helmet breaks, and then getting up and winning tough stage against the best racers in the world should be standard.

Point taken. I didn't know he broke the lid. If he was concussed, he should not be racing, end of story.

I saw the video of him picking up his bike and he appeared compis mentis. I know from personal experience that after suffereing a concussion I definitely would not have been that collected immediately or able to race on the way he did yesterday ( at my own super slow pace of course). Then again, concussion is a funny thing...