Garmin repairs

LouisLipz

7 hours ago, Jbr said:

Yes, it will cost you R150 I think with postnet, they get it the next day and they are very quick to tell you what’s next !

What are the chances of a repair ?

Seems it is only a question of how much discount you get on the next unit - IF the unit is out of warrantee.  IN warrantee I got a new unit back

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread hijack… anyone replaced a battery on a 920xt themselves? There are replacement batteries for sale on takealot, but on aliexpress the replacement battery is attached to the back cover (bought as one piece) and the battery connectors for the two appear to be different 

6 hours ago, ChrisF said:

What are the chances of a repair ?

I guess very slim, not sure if anyone was ever quoted anything else than a replacement ;)

58 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I guess very slim, not sure if anyone was ever quoted anything else than a replacement ;)

Which begs the question:

Retail + transport - a slight discount ..... vs ..... buying what you want on a decent sale.

Very frustrating that we are living in an era where it is becoming near impossible to get these devices "repaired" ....

21 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Which begs the question:

Retail + transport - a slight discount ..... vs ..... buying what you want on a decent sale.

Very frustrating that we are living in an era where it is becoming near impossible to get these devices "repaired" ....

Sounds like a business opportunity.... I'm sure many people will happily opt to pay to have simple repairs done on out of warranty units (battery changes, fixing broken buttons etc) over a slight discount on a new unit.

In my experience with having 2 units replaced, both were damaged by me and out of warranty. The discount was not slight, probably around 50 to 60%. Turn around was prompt. I used courier guy to get it to them.

Overall happy with the experience and was left with the feeling of a brand that was happy to help me out.

22 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Which begs the question:

well my wife's watch (vivoactive 3) had a faulty battery 2 or 3 months out of warranty and was replaced free by Garmin. So worth it in this case

• 2 weeks later...

Had a little blip on my run today, GPS didn't log position for about 10mins. I noticed it whille running as the reported running pace did not reflect what I felt in the legs, so I suspected something was odd.

Anyone else experience something similar?

Suspected cause? Wrist unit or something going haywire in the heavens above?

2021-10-20 11_38_48-Garmin Connect.png

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

Had a little blip on my run today, GPS didn't log position for about 10mins. I noticed it whille running as the reported running pace did not reflect what I felt in the legs, so I suspected something was odd.

Keep this printout.

If it happens again, print both, submit to Garmin.

Had "similar eratic" behaviour on my HR on my previous watch, on a ride that was logged on the 520.  Printed both, and submitted it.  Few weeks later I got a new watch.  Taking a print out with makes it so much easier.

PS - hope this was just a gps blip and that dont have any further issues

20 hours ago, Vetplant said:

I've had it once or twice on a ride with my Edge 130

20 hours ago, Vetplant said:

whoa-deja-vu-matrix-glitch.gif

48 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Pity the garmin customer service has become so poor.

Replacement unit 1 month ago, now screen not working, want to charge the full R3400 for another. Are they high?

yass these products are so ****... My replacement unit works fine but takes forever to sync, so annoying...

Seems having one product that works flawlessly has become a 1/10 chance, at that price it is really annoying

Edited by Jbr