Saddle advice

Spirog

So, I've ridden a Fizik Alliante saddle on my road bike for years now. I've always been really happy with them.

Last weekend, I rode Jock on my new BMC and felt like I was sliding off the back of the Alliante everytime the road went up. I kept having to pull myself back onto the saddle.

Maybe it's time to look at something new? Advice gratefully accpeted.

Have you been for a bike fit?

Saddle is personal preference, you will get every brand as a suggestion. I will tell you selle all the way, some guys will say stick with fizik. You need to see what suits your backside the best.

Have you been for a bike fit?

Saddle is personal preference, you will get every brand as a suggestion. I will tell you selle all the way, some guys will say stick with fizik. You need to see what suits your backside the best.

I've been fitted a few times. The Fizik Aliante has always been recommended and I've been very happy on it. I've just developed this feeling that I'm sliding off the back on my new bike.

I've been fitted a few times. The Fizik Aliante has always been recommended and I've been very happy on it. I've just developed this feeling that I'm sliding off the back on my new bike.

What ever you do, Don't pull a Tony Martin and gooi sandpaper on the saddle.

post-58906-0-36500500-1531825670_thumb.jpg

just guesses, but, just thinking from a geometry perspective, if your reach is too short, your butt can end up getting pushed back. or perhaps your seat tube angle is too steep and sliding back is your body's way of correcting into position over the crank?

perhaps a fitting on your new bike's in order?

Maybe the front of the saddle is too high or the saddle is set too far forward, does your seat post have the same offset as on your old bike.

Why don't you try something new ? with real back support from SQ Lab (german biomechanic engineering)

I have an SQ lab 610 and am very happy with the performance and comfort 

Maybe the front of the saddle is too high or the saddle is set too far forward, does your seat post have the same offset as on your old bike.

The bike was setup with the same major dimensions as my previous - saddle height and reach are the same.

I have an SQ lab 610 and am very happy with the performance and comfort 

Is there a local stockist?

Did you read the op's post???

Yes I did. I did not specifically state it but what I was suggesting is that if he is happy with the Fizik, stick with it and adjust the position so that he does not slide around. The best saddle is the one you butt thinks is the best.

Edited by Prince