[Event] Boschendal Race The Sun

Events Bot

Event Name: Boschendal Race The Sun
When: 1 September 2018
Where: Stellenbosch Church Street, Western Cape
Category: MTB

MTB race from Stellenbosch to Boschendal Farm Estate

Entries are now open for the first Boschendal Race The Sun MTB challenge presented by Fairtree Capital. The race will take place on 1 September 2018 at 16:26 and entries are available online.

Starting in the heart of Stellenbosch, riders will aim to finish the +- 40km of exquisite mountain trails at Boschendal Farm Estate before the sun sets. Riders will experience some of the best South African trails built by the likes of professional triathlete Conrad “The Caveman” Stoltz. Race The Sun is the first event of the new season and according to Bartinney owner, Rose Jordaan, the trails will be in immaculate condition with spectacular fynbos. After dropping down into the legendary switchbacks known as Bartinney Skyfall, Rose and her team will be treating riders to a glass of bubbly en-route and spectators are invited to come and enjoy a sundowner at the Bartinney Tasting Shed. There will be a sunset cut off at Bartinney Estate 18:26 where participants will be re-routed to Boschendal via the R310.

Each year the starting time will adapt according to the sunset times. Although it is a race against the sun, lights will be compulsory for all riders. Race entry includes an Angus beef burger and beer, live music, lucky draws and prizes. Shower facilities will also be available at Boschendal for riders wishing to freshen up.

Registration will take place on Friday 31 August where participants and their families are invited to attend the first Boschendal Friday Night Market. The market will take place in the historic Werf area from 18:00-21:00 and will include live music, food stalls and artisanal stands filled with local products for visitors to peruse and purchase. Various self-catering farm cottages are available for riders wishing to spend the weekend on the farm exploring even more MTB trails. The Boschendal Trail Centre operates Monday to Sunday offering visitors and staying guests guided MTB tours, bike wash facilities and adult/kiddies bike hire.

Entry fee: 350 pp

Date: 1 September 2018

Start Time: 16:26

Sunset cut off time at Bartinney: 18:26

Distance: +- 40km

To enter visit: https://enter.entryninja.com/events/31662-race-the-sun

Friday 31 August 2018, 13:00 - 17:00 -Boschendal Trail Centre

Saturday 1 September 2018, 08:00 - 15:00 - Stellenbosch Church Street

Route:

Crossing Botmanskop over Bartinney Skyfall onto the Old Bethlehem ending at the beautiful Boschendal Farm Estate.

Support our local Aitsa Charity:

Get your bike pimped during Saturday Registration by the Aitsa aftercare kids.

1 September 2018, 14:00 - 15:00 at R100 per bike.

Donations are welcome & appreciated!

http://aitsa.org/

Entry Options:

Aitsa Pimp your bike: R100 per bike

Annual Boschendal Trail Permits: Race The Sun entrants receive a discounted rate of R400 when purchasing a yearly permit.

Go to Event Page

RaceTheSun_LogoV31_450_450_s_c1.jpg

• 1 month later...

So who else took part in this event?

I really enjoyed the route (the new sections in the conservancy are fun) and the vibe and even the late start. The newer stuff in the conservancy was a lekker surprise. And then there was the burger at the end  :wub:

I think this was the BOMB, gives you time to do things in the morning at home and then race late and then have lots of wine. 

fab event need more monthly :clap:  :thumbup:  

I really wanted to do this race, but I was a bit worried about making it to the finish in 2 hours at a 20kph avg speed  :eek: