Bike Hire

HowardSteele

Hi All so starting a list of bike hire and venues for a visiting friend.Talking mountain bike and trails so preferably locations that are situated close to a trail. so what we need is Location...bikes available/ cost of hire ...proximity to mtn bike trail.

thanks H 

Boschendal...Bike hire: Trek Marlin 7 mountain bikes for hire at R400 per day. Contact trailcentre@bmtsa.co.za or telephone 0210019401 to make a reservation. Bikes and permits can be collected from the Boschendal Trail Centre.

Dirtopia 

TRAIL CENTRE: Open 7 days a week from 08h00 until 17h00! The Trail Centre is a unique outdoor shop that provides permits for 2 hiking & 3 mountain bike trails on the farm as well as general information to the active traveler. They also offer a variety of activity packages on the farm and surrounding area for families, groups, clubs etc as well as stocking maps, clothing, snacks and basic mountain bike accessories.

Rent a bike ....Bike Hire Rates
  1 day 2 days 3 days 4 days 5 days 6 days 7 days Silverback Stride R150 R300 R400 R550 R700 R900 R1050 Schwinn S1 Cruiser R150 R300 R400 R550 R700 R900 R1050 Titan Comp R250 R500 R700 R950 R1150 R1350 R1600 Sola 3 R300 R600 R850 R1100 R1350 R1650 R1900 Strela 2 R300 R600 R850 R1100 R1350 R1650 R1900 Siablo Comp R350 R700 R900 R1150 R1550 R1800 R2100 All bikes come with a helmet, pump, spare tube and safety light.
Delivery & Collection   Cape Town & Surroundings R250 Stellenbosch R200 Franschoek R250     Bike Trailer (fits 18 bikes) R400/day Bike Rack (for tow-hitch) R200/day    
Edited by HowardSteele

• 8 months later...

Reviving this thread as it's relevant for me in the coming week.
I checked the links above and a few others I found yesterday, but are these really the "industry standard" rates? It is actually cheaper to bring my own bike down from Jhb than it is to rent for 2-4 days!

Reviving this thread as it's relevant for me in the coming week.

I checked the links above and a few others I found yesterday, but are these really the "industry standard" rates? It is actually cheaper to bring my own bike down from Jhb than it is to rent for 2-4 days!

I don't think that people from JHB down for a week is really the target market. Being yours down, it's so much less fuss and pain than you think.

It probably all depends on how you plan to travel. How easy is it to check your bicycle in on a flight to Cape Town? 

I would actually like to know since I might be interested in doing a Nissan Trialseeker down there too later this year. 

Else it might be cool to treat myself to a nice dual suspension bike down there as I currently have an entry level hardtail. 

For me it might be worth renting one down there, as I will certainly know after the race whether its worth it to upgrade. 

Also worth looking at https://ridein.co.za/bike-rentals/

Close to Jonkershoek and various levels of bike available.

Don't rent their hardtails though. Took people to Jonkers and they rented one of the HT bikes. It was horrendous. Not even I could use the brakes properly and I've been climbing for years so not exactly lacking in finger/hand strength. The fork was also poo. Spend the little extra and get the Stumpy...although they don't have a dropper which is problematic for the singletrack at Jonkers....

OR just do it properly and rent from iRide in the first place! :)