Trans Baviaans 2018

maidenmole

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Windy.com says this cumming weekend we just going to miss the rain and have some 20km wind on our backsides, starting temp around 3 but warming up nicely. The area got some rain and its going to rain some more before the race. The river crossing will probably be wet. 

Edited by devilliers

Not harder than attekwas, like Karoo to coast just longer, much longer.

Eat solid food, throw away the choclats, gu and energade.

Sandwiches, jam and cheese or peanut butter sandwiches, those stuff r ACE

Latest I used in my buildup to TB this yr is Farbar!! awsome stuff. not sweet and bite size.

Doing my 6th event.

Fastest 8h22.00

Slowest 10h32.00

Don`t forget to mention your win as well. Good luck.

Soggy Bottom Boys.

Pls send us the link to that Random Race Name Generator. kthx.

Nope - this is not a random race name generator. This was the name of the team for the second year I did it. The first year had been a rather wet affair, and we had soggy bottoms from the minute we left Willowmore.

This is me being sentimental.

(Our team names for that very first Trans Baviaans were "Not UPS", and "Not Team Telekom". That's what happens when a bunch of roadies decide to take on a crazy race)

(Oh yes - we had to enter by fax, and deposit money into a bank account and then fax through the proof of payment!)

15 years ago:

post-275-0-52192000-1533549751_thumb.jpg

Nope - this is not a random race name generator. This was the name of the team for the second year I did it. The first year had been a rather wet affair, and we had soggy bottoms from the minute we left Willowmore.

(Our team names for that very first Trans Baviaans were "Not UPS", and "Not Team Telekom". That's what happens when a bunch of roadies decide to take on a crazy race)

(Oh yes - we had to enter by fax, and deposit money into a bank account and then fax through the proof of payment!)

15 years ago:

attachicon.gifTRANS_BAAVIAANS_1.JPG

Bar-ends, 60mm travel, cantilever brakes, Cateye computers, tubed tyres @3bar, 3x9

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Those were the days, much has changed :thumbup:

15 years ago:

attachicon.gifTRANS_BAAVIAANS_1.JPG

Are you a man of constant sorrow?

Bar-ends, 60mm travel, cantilever brakes, Cateye computers, tubed tyres @3bar, 3x9

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Those were the days, much has changed [emoji106]

I still have bar ends. I'm convinced that they are going to make a come back one of these days...

I still have bar ends. I'm convinced that they are going to make a come back one of these days...

For events like this, bar ends are the business. I even have inside bar ends (spirgrips) on my AR bike... the more hand positions the better!

So after two years on the hard tail I said no more 29er now last year on that bumpy ride I said hell No never again next time dual suspension. This year I am missing out wife giving birth this week. I will make my come back next year and not with bar end :thumbup: s

20mm of rain in the kloof, that can only help the dust to settle....Town of Patensie water has been switched off because off dam levels being really low. So good for them hope it bring some relief.

Are you talking proper bar ends or those wussie things you can hide in your hand  :whistling:  :whistling:

post-64853-0-11304300-1533562668_thumb.jpg

Are you talking proper bar ends or those wussie things you can hide in your hand  :whistling:  :whistling:

Right there is all the hand positions one need.