[Event] Garmin MTB Classic

mecheng89

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been on and off the bike for the last year and a half but this makes me want to go into full racing mode again, wish all entries where that cheap.

Been on and off the bike for the last year and a half but this makes me want to go into full racing mode again, wish all entries where that cheap.

Makes you wonder whether other organizers will follow the trend. We will have to wait and see!!

Looks like Garmin is picking the bill. Not all orgs have this luxury, a number of MTB races are held to raise money for charity and have limited or no sponsors for their race, R50 will not make a dent into their costs and make zero for their charity. 

Looks like Garmin is picking the bill. Not all orgs have this luxury, a number of MTB races are held to raise money for charity and have limited or no sponsors for their race, R50 will not make a dent into their costs and make zero for their charity. 

Makes me think of the Mahala Magic two years ago, where entry was free. It was a great event.

• 1 month later...

Event Name: Garmin MTB Classic
When: 25 August 2018
Where: The Big Red Barn - 7 Nelson Rd, Olifantsfontein, Johannesbur, Gauteng
Category: MTB

Price: R50 per entry

Distances: 55km (R50), 30km (R50), 10km (R50), 1km (Free)

· 1st Place – R5000-00 (Male & Female)

· 2nd Place – R2000-00 (Male & Female)

· 3rd Place – R1000-00 (Male & Female)

· Other – Giveaways, product and goodie bags

Number Collection:

Complete Cycles, Bryanston - Thursday 23 August 2018, from 10:00 – 16:00

Centurion Cyclery - Friday 24 August 2018, from 10:00 – 16:00

At the venue, The Big Red Barn - Saturday 25 August 2018, from 06:00

This event is timed using the RaceTec permanent MTB Board! You will therefore need to buy a board with your entry. A RaceeTec Timing board will cost R50 and is yours for life! . If you already have a board you can just bring it to the race.

Go to Event Page

Guest Ratchet road

Hi.

Any Idea of expected riders also the elevation gain and trail technicality?

Hi.

Any Idea of expected riders also the elevation gain and trail technicality?

It depends on the distance. 50km is quite technical but doable. 30km is intermediate and the rest is very easy, consisting of mainly jeep track. Single tracks are flowing and fun. Elevation is quite flat - mostly short steep climbs.

Guest Ratchet road

It depends on the distance. 50km is quite technical but doable. 30km is intermediate and the rest is very easy, consisting of mainly jeep track. Single tracks are flowing and fun. Elevation is quite flat - mostly short steep climbs.

Thanks bud. Please let me know if you got the exact elevation for 30km.

Edited by Syed Zaidi