K2C entry scam - Chantel Wilson

gkp

Just a heads-up - a person who uses the name above is working a scam on K2C entries. Basically, no entries available, so she advises (on the K2C 2018 fb page) that she has an entry for sale. 

Money changes hands (electronically of course), and then no more. Simple, yet effective. Looking on the K2C page it has happened to at least 2 people so far.

So, be alert.

and.....if anyone really does have entries for sale, please advise - a friend is in need.  

I have dealt with her before when buying tickets for a concert. Luckily i trusted my gut and didnt go through with it and then someone else posted that she toke payment and never sent tickets.Looks like she post entries and tickets on whatever page. The Cell phone number she gave me is 078 455 9923.

always google the cell number first

I just did. Nothing

Her facebook profile also seems to be legit.

Not your typical internet scammer.

I dont think there is anyway that someone could have known Chantel is a dodgy character before this thread started

I just did. Nothing

Her facebook profile also seems to be legit.

Not your typical internet scammer.

I dont think there is anyway that someone could have known Chantel is a dodgy character before this thread started

If you are looking at the same Chantel Wilson from Plett, she joined FB in May 2018.  That is a red flag for me.  

Also, the people liking her photos are men - no girl friends. 

I don't think that profile is legit at all..

If you are looking at the same Chantel Wilson from Plett, she joined FB in May 2018.  That is a red flag for me.  

Also, the people liking her photos are men - no girl friends. 

I don't think that profile is legit at all..

I agree the May 2018 joining date is a red flag

But a number of her friends have mutual friends from my FB friend list so in that sense her profile looks legit to me. (and not all her friends are male)

My gut feel is that she is daft/troubled enough to use her own profile to scam people

Her add is still active on the mtb buy and sell page on facebook. Two k2c tickets @R590