To angry man riding past Blairgowrie Primary this morning…

Barry Stuart

I kill everyone I meet. When I am happy I kill them. When I am sad I kill them. Sometimes I kill them slowly, passionately. Sometimes I kill them quickly cos they don't taste great.

Edit: blush, I meant kiss.

Or do I mean greet? So sick of 'new rules' of required behaviour.

(Jeeeeezuz, people each to their own. If you don't want recognition, don't come on here and tell everyone what a saint you are. If you do want recognition for every head nod, maybe you're not getting it because people think you have palsy and feel sorry for you instead. Just enjoy your day and call out a d*cK if you see one.)

you're killing me

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares who you greet...

I really really care.  if you don't greet me, you hurt my feelings, and then I will go onto the hub and tell everyone, and brass about how I'm better than you, because I greet everyone, and think that you should too, because this is my passive aggressive way of feeling superior in a public forum.

How's that?

HTFU greeters, its not that serious, really.  Global warming is, though.  And child hunger.  #perspective

I really really care. if you don't greet me, you hurt my feelings, and then I will go onto the hub and tell everyone, and brass about how I'm better than you, because I greet everyone, and think that you should too, because this is my passive aggressive way of feeling superior in a public forum.

How's that?

HTFU greeters, its not that serious, really. Global warming is, though. And child hunger. #perspective

Global warming is like greeting for some people. It floats their boat higher.

He needs to receive a punch to the kidneys that Chuck Norris advocates in his self help videos. I think I still have a copy on VHS, will watch and practice.

Dude, you really need to ascertain the amount of stress in your life. You booked it straight over a zebra crossing, swerving around some young children in the process, whilst the juniors were holding up the STOP TRAFFIC lollipop signs. You have no idea how many demerit points those kids get if another pre-schooler is run over on their watch.

Sure, it could have been a mistake in a moment of panicked confusion as you glanced at your Garmin for a Strava Live update, but that doesn't explain why you spat a loud "****YOU!" at the mother who was stopped, waiting for the kids to cross and who brazenly offended your very precious sensibilities by putting her arms in the air. An action we can all agree is far more perilous to society than nearly ending the terms of a group of 7-year-olds.

The worst part of it was that your buddy was still about 20 metres behind you and had to meekly negotiate the thick cloud of hatred towards cyclists that you left in your wake. Honestly, who does that to a riding partner?

Get home tonight, sit on the couch, have a beer, listen to some calming music and try and be a better person tomorrow because by 7:30 this morning you managed to wreck any hope of achieving that today.

Not so surprised by the suave wanker on his Specialized.

I am surprised however at such eloquence on Bikehub.

sometimes... I don't greet delivery bike riders as they are negligent and selfish riders.

Where do you get Specialized from? I don't see it in OP's post.

and yes, not using multiquotes is the new "IN" thing on el hub to score post count points- as evident in this thread

Know what.
A **** is a ****, wether it's on a bike, with a dog, in running shoes or behind a steering wheel.

Don't be a dick, be lekker. 

Tip, it also has off all to do with wether or not you greet or greet back either. 

sometimes... I don't greet delivery bike riders as they are negligent and selfish riders.

I only greet other riders on the same brand if bike as me, or if they are also on a bike over 130mm of travel, or I'll make an exception if they are wearing baggies and knee pads. All other cyclists are wankers and don't deserve to be greeted by me.

Seriously though, this whole greeting argument is just dumb. I generally speaking try to greet people going past me on the trail whether it's a cyclist or runner - but sometimes the guy is in thought, doing a hard interval, or simply just doesn't want to greet me (coz I am just some random stranger he has never seen before in his life) - who cares. If you wanna greet people coming past you or strike up a conversation - do it, if they don't greet you back - move on, no one has any obligation to or anyone else just because you are both on two wheels.

It's like expecting every other driver to greet you while driving, or every other pedestrian to greet you while you're walking. In fact, lets all greet every single person we come into contact with, that way no one will ever be offended.

Know what.

A **** is a ****, wether it's on a bike, with a dog, in running shoes or behind a steering wheel.

Don't be a dick, be lekker. 

Tip, it also has off all to do with wether or not you greet or greet back either. 

bollocks - it matters not one little bit.  It is not important, Although I realize I am going up against many thousands of posts on the hub on this silly topic, but there you go, swimming upstream and all that. 

It is neither rude, dismissive nor "revealing" of deep-set character flaws whether riders greet, greet back, sing "Hallelujah!"or stop and form a knitting circle.  If you are prone to greeting people, nice one! You are a friendly, extroverted and jovial chap(ette).  Live with the peace and joy that you are spreading your goodwill and happiness around you.  You should then not be one bit perturbed or worried about the possible lack of response from other riders.  If you are, then you are the problem.  If you then find the need to post about it on cycling forums, heavens, evans, eat a cookie!

I only greet other riders on the same brand if bike as me, or if they are also on a bike over 130mm of travel, or I'll make an exception if they are wearing baggies and knee pads. All other cyclists are wankers and don't deserve to be greeted by me.

Seriously though, this whole greeting argument is just dumb. I generally speaking try to greet people going past me on the trail whether it's a cyclist or runner - but sometimes the guy is in thought, doing a hard interval, or simply just doesn't want to greet me (coz I am just some random stranger he has never seen before in his life) - who cares. If you wanna greet people coming past you or strike up a conversation - do it, if they don't greet you back - move on, no one has any obligation to or anyone else just because you are both on two wheels.

It's like expecting every other driver to greet you while driving, or every other pedestrian to greet you while you're walking. In fact, lets all greet every single person we come into contact with, that way no one will ever be offended.

AMEN, brother

Col Cacchios pizza delivery is a def greet.

I drive a land rover defender..... we wave at other land rover defender drivers on the road. It's a thing.

Probably in recognition that we will all never be able to visit Witsands ever again in our cars but pffft....

The greeting thing is quite funny actually. If you greet people you are lekker. If they don't greet you back, they are either far away dealing with demons or divorce or whatever or they are not so lekker. Being annoyed at them makes you less lekker.

So keep greeting and being lekker and worry not that others are less lekker. It's you being lekker that counts.

Swearing loudly at people in front of children though?! THAT is so low on the lekker scale that I'm sure that guy has absolutely no joy in his life and cries himself to sleep in a cold, loveless house every night.