Wahoo Kickr Help - At wits' end!

TriBiker

Hi World of cycling,

I am desperate.. no beyond desperate.. at the point of hauling my heavy kickr out the window. No more patience. I need help... please.

The issues:

- my training program is on training peaks (TP)

- i use wahoo kickr for indoor training

- my heart rate monitor is garmin

- cadence is wahoo cadence monitor

Issue: How do I get all of these things to work TOGETHER?

After many hours I have managed to sync TP to Rouvy Mobile App which also now has picked up my cadence but cant seem to pick up my HR? and somehow the training session is displayed in %FTP and not watts? How do I change this? Is this a TP issue rather than Rouvy setting?

All I want it is my TP session, on my kickr, reading watts (not %FTP), with my HR and cadence reading. Why does this seem to be such a challenge??

SECOND ISSUE

something is veeeeeery wrong with the kickr. My program has me at a warmup of 100 -120 watts (this is being read from the TP scheduled workout so I am not on erg mode, I am using rouvy) but i am struggling to ride. i reckon the watts are probably around 180. is this a calibration issue.

Any guidance would be highly appeciated, otherwise going to trade this kickr for a watt bike,

Thanks

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have a kickr but paired with Sufferfest.

What sorted out 99% of my problems was getting an Ant+USB Dongle.

Cadence + Heart Rate now showing.

Regarding the Rouvy settings..No idea

Hi World of cycling,

I am desperate.. no beyond desperate.. at the point of hauling my heavy kickr out the window. No more patience. I need help... please.

The issues:

- my training program is on training peaks (TP)

- i use wahoo kickr for indoor training

- my heart rate monitor is garmin

- cadence is wahoo cadence monitor

Issue: How do I get all of these things to work TOGETHER?

After many hours I have managed to sync TP to Rouvy Mobile App which also now has picked up my cadence but cant seem to pick up my HR? and somehow the training session is displayed in %FTP and not watts? How do I change this? Is this a TP issue rather than Rouvy setting?

All I want it is my TP session, on my kickr, reading watts (not %FTP), with my HR and cadence reading. Why does this seem to be such a challenge??

SECOND ISSUE

something is veeeeeery wrong with the kickr. My program has me at a warmup of 100 -120 watts (this is being read from the TP scheduled workout so I am not on erg mode, I am using rouvy) but i am struggling to ride. i reckon the watts are probably around 180. is this a calibration issue.

Any guidance would be highly appeciated, otherwise going to trade this kickr for a watt bike,

Thanks

Use the Wahoo app on phone.

Do spin down (need to do at least once a month)

Set to 120watts in the app and see if any better, remember keep cadence above 70 otherwise going to feel really hard (watts = torque*cadence)

I use USB ant+ , works perfect with Sufferfest/Rouvy etc

Edited by Karman de Lange

I also have a kickr but paired with Sufferfest.

What sorted out 99% of my problems was getting an Ant+USB Dongle.

Cadence + Heart Rate now showing.

Regarding the Rouvy settings..No idea

This...

Garmin HR is generally ANT+ connectivity - you need to have ANT+ dongle on PC or if you use a tablet or phone it needs to have ANT+ antenna built in (you do get an external antenna for some tablets and phones - think its for the iPad or iPhone)

OR get a Bluetooth HR monitor.

The %FTP thing sounds like a setting in the Rouvy app - not sure what you goto do to fix this really.

The second issue sounds like calibration.

Edited by s14phoenix

You are guys are the light at the end of a very dark long painful tunnel!

Great...

1.) i will do the spin down

2.) looks like I need to get an ANT dongle thingy.. who makes these and where can i get them?

3. think i must try sufferfest... this also links with TP right.. hopefully showing watts? Then sufferfest will get HR, cadence and my workout from TP is i get the ANT dongle/ antenna... i usually use an ipad but it's an ipad mini... not sure antenna gonna work there! ugh. maybe just best to use a pc then?

All my stuff is connecting via Bluetooth

SECOND ISSUE

If you're not in ERG mode, are you in a high gear, so the trainer is spinning fast?  If so you may be hitting the wattage floor where the trainer can't physically get a lower wattage without slowing down.  Low wattage sessions like that should either be done in ERG or in a low gear, not spinning in a high one.  Your issue may have nothing to do with calibration at all.

I have the same problem, but does not make a difference as its pulling the right info. as for the sync i had to get an ANT dongle.  

same problem being the FTP% issue? thanks

This...

Garmin HR is generally ANT+ connectivity - you need to have ANT+ dongle on PC or if you use a tablet or phone it needs to have ANT+ antenna built in (you do get an external antenna for some tablets and phones - think its for the iPad or iPhone)

OR get a Bluetooth HR monitor.

The %FTP thing sounds like a setting in the Rouvy app - not sure what you goto do to fix this really.

The second issue sounds like calibration.

The HR monitor is bluetooth but Rouvy not picking it up

Re calibration gonna try the spin down thing.

You are guys are the light at the end of a very dark long painful tunnel!

Great...

1.) i will do the spin down

2.) looks like I need to get an ANT dongle thingy.. who makes these and where can i get them?

3. think i must try sufferfest... this also links with TP right.. hopefully showing watts? Then sufferfest will get HR, cadence and my workout from TP is i get the ANT dongle/ antenna... i usually use an ipad but it's an ipad mini... not sure antenna gonna work there! ugh. maybe just best to use a pc then?

All my stuff is connecting via Bluetooth

Sufferfest uploads the finished workout to  TP 

You cannot load your workout of TP to Sufferfest... not like you want to after doing one or two Sufferfest sessions. Nothing compares 

Ant +  … I used my wifes garmin watche dongle, but you can buy them loose as well.

If you're not in ERG mode, are you in a high gear, so the trainer is spinning fast?  If so you may be hitting the wattage floor where the trainer can't physically get a lower wattage without slowing down.  Low wattage sessions like that should either be done in ERG or in a low gear, not spinning in a high one.  Your issue may have nothing to do with calibration at a

let me try the calibration and if that is not sorted I will follow up with you... the gear is generally as 'easy' as possible (which is what you mean by high?) as I am dying just trying to warm up... 

Sufferfest uploads the finished workout to  TP 

You cannot load your workout of TP to Sufferfest... not like you want to after doing one or two Sufferfest sessions. Nothing compares 

Ant +  … I used my wifes garmin watche dongle, but you can buy them loose as well.

ah shucks.. i thought sufferfest would upload the TP session... ok thanks

will check for some Ant+ sticks

Pardon my ignorance but i have no idea what this "spin down" is you are talking about?  Why do you need to do this and how do you do this?  I use the Wahoo fitness app on my iphone and don't see any "spin down" function?