Wahoo Kickr 3 Spindown in Zwift vs Wahoo App

Muttley

Hi all,

So I've had my Kickr 3 for the past few months and it's been great - I only use it with Zwift at the moment. I've also set the trainer difficulty to max as suggested by someone else here, as this apparently allows the trainer to react quicker to changes in gradients. 

I did a firmware update on it on Sunday via the Wahoo App and then tried to do a spindown with the app but for some reason this didn't finish so I left it and went for a ride on Zwift and all worked like normal. 

Last night, I did a spindown within Zwift and this ran successfully. 

The problem came in during the ride. There was a noticeable increase in the resistance, regardless of the gradient. As an example, when the gradient hit 6-8%, the resistance felt as if the gradient was more like 10-14% and I could hardly turn the pedals over. I can usually remain seated between 6 - 7% but this was impossible. 

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Hi all,

So I've had my Kickr 3 for the past few months and it's been great - I only use it with Zwift at the moment. I've also set the trainer difficulty to max as suggested by someone else here, as this apparently allows the trainer to react quicker to changes in gradients. 

I did a firmware update on it on Sunday via the Wahoo App and then tried to do a spindown with the app but for some reason this didn't finish so I left it and went for a ride on Zwift and all worked like normal. 

Last night, I did a spindown within Zwift and this ran successfully. 

The problem came in during the ride. There was a noticeable increase in the resistance, regardless of the gradient. As an example, when the gradient hit 6-8%, the resistance felt as if the gradient was more like 10-14% and I could hardly turn the pedals over. I can usually remain seated between 6 - 7% but this was impossible. 

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

I would suggest lowering the "difficulty" setting in Zwift. What this does it it changes how the trainer responds to gradient changes. 

I think I have mine at about 2/3 of the way to full.

Never done a spindown in Zwift... only on the Wahoo app.

I would suggest lowering the "difficulty" setting in Zwift. What this does it it changes how the trainer responds to gradient changes. 

I think I have mine at about 2/3 of the way to full.

Never done a spindown in Zwift... only on the Wahoo app.

Thanks for the feedback - I think I'll have to. 

Just strange how the Zwift spindown affected the trainer so much more than the Wahoo spindown.

Will have to play around with it I guess