[Event] Coronation Double Century 2018

Mamil

Some thoughts from a relative rookie DC rider but have completed 2 DC's one In 8hr in 2016 and the the other 6:49 (2017). Both years we finished with all 12.

Last year we struggled to find female riders to join as a mixed team despite trying hard.

Our team consisted of riders with CTCT time of between 3:02 and 3:30. We found that there are not many ladies willing to commit to the training schedule over 12 - 16 weeks. Required for sub 7hrs. They were either already in pro am type teams (sub 6 DC) or only willing to do social 8hrs or more. So it may be challenge finding 12 ladies for the team of a 7hr DC who are not already committed elsewhere.

Agree, why not make the ladies team a sub 6 and go for podium? That sounds like more fun  :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to do the Double Century this year, sub 6 or sub 6.30. Where would I start looking for teams? Here? 

I primarily do mountain running - This road racing thing is a fairly unexplored area for me..  :ph34r:  

Anyone looking for a 5hr rider?? ......................................... That's NOT me...

I cant help you but I know guys who can :ph34r: 

Anyone looking for a 7hr/ 7:30hr rider, I'm keen..

So it may be challenge finding 12 ladies for the team of a 7hr DC who are not already committed elsewhere.

Agree, I remember the struggle to get a sub 7 mixed team together few years back. Slim pickings but I guess Savage should at least give at go  ^_^

• 3 months later...

Agree, I remember the struggle to get a sub 7 mixed team together few years back. Slim pickings but I guess Savage should at least give at go  ^_^

We now have a full ladies team, which have a sponsor even! 

The other 3 teams are also full. Even talks of a 5th Pure Average social mixed team. 

I guess now is a good time to start training then. Maybe (probably) looking for a team to join, did a 6h30 last year.

Its not October yet, we dont want the up country folk clogging up our chilled entry process :P

Hehehehhe.  Ja jong.  But it shows you Google knows more than the organisers.  ;)

Scary times to be alive