Stainless Bike Drive

Hi Everyone, I have experimented extensively with using motorized bicycles to get to work, I am 55 years old I have been cycling for 50 years.

I have built several electric and petrol powered bicycles to find the best solution for every one.

So I would like to start this Topic to be able to share my experiences and hopefully save others a lot of time and money so that they don't make the same mistakes I did in the beginning as I believe I have now finally got it right.

A lot of people ask: Why would you want a bicycle with a power assist as bicycles are meant for getting fit?

And the answer is: The purpose of a bicycle is to get from point A to point B faster than walking.

The other reason a power assist is beneficial is to be able to cover longer distances that would otherwise be impossible to do every day for normal people who are not athletes.

Distances of between 30 and 50 km every day would wear down most people very quickly especially if you using a full suspension mountain bike that can ride over square pavements at high speed.

So please share your thoughts so we can start the discussion and I can share my experiences to help you save time and money.

Howzit and welcome to bikehub!

So from your experience, which seems vast, which is better - petrol or electric?

Do you have some pictures of your builds?

Hi Everyone, I have experimented extensively with using motorized bicycles to get to work, I am 55 years old I have been cycling for 50 years.

I have built several electric and petrol powered bicycles to find the best solution for every one.

So I would like to start this Topic to be able to share my experiences and hopefully save others a lot of time and money so that they don't make the same mistakes I did in the beginning as I believe I have now finally got it right.

A lot of people ask: Why would you want a bicycle with a power assist as bicycles are meant for getting fit?

And the answer is: The purpose of a bicycle is to get from point A to point B faster than walking.

The other reason a power assist is beneficial is to be able to cover longer distances that would otherwise be impossible to do every day for normal people who are not athletes.

Distances of between 30 and 50 km every day would wear down most people very quickly especially if you using a full suspension mountain bike that can ride over square pavements at high speed.

So please share your thoughts so we can start the discussion and I can share my experiences to help you save time and money.

You can buy a decent Scooter for a few grand that has Brake Lights, Lights and Indicators...  Plus storage for your shopping.... Much much safr in the long run