K2C & e-bikes

Selous Scout (aka LegTrap)

I would be seriously pissed, sweating and working my fat ass off up ou wapad. Then some dude come whistling pass me......

He'd pass you long before then ;)

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not make a weekend out of it with family or bunch of mates and go ride the k2c route with a support vehicle on another weekend?

You'll miss the vibe, but riding an ebike while everyone else is riding a normal bike would be like faking a handicap to do the paralympics or special Olympics. You are not part of the masses, so why try in the first place?

I would be seriously pissed, sweating and working my fat ass off up ou wapad. Then some dude come whistling pass me......

Passing on Ouwapad??? ....but how.???

In France they tried in a race also counting as national championships separate start. The race leader(several minutes ahead) ended up with an e biker wo got ahead on th ups an refused to yield on the downs. It ended with the race leader in the normal race bing forced into and obstacle by the e biker crashing and having to withdraw and loose and almost certain title because of his injuries. Most might behave some are tjops.

More and more E bikers in local rides. More and more stoped on technical sections having  a chat and blocking you on downhills. They regularly sadly have no cycling background and no clue in how to behave safe and correctly towards other riders.

Several of my mates have  e bikes(as in being old, having buggered knees or just beiing a bit fat ;)

Why not make a weekend out of it with family or bunch of mates and go ride the k2c route with a support vehicle on another weekend?

You'll miss the vibe, but riding an ebike while everyone else is riding a normal bike would be like faking a handicap to do the paralympics or special Olympics. You are not part of the masses, so why try in the first place?

This.

Go ride your ebike there any other day of the year, mahala

Edited by Boerklong

wonder why it always takes the cycling community so long to adapt...

hydraulic brakes on road bikes have been available for years now and since inception the transition was inevitable... yet it was fought against vigorously until 5 weeks ago and even now some die-hard rim-brakers are still trying to hold on...

the exact same thing is going to happen to e-bikes (you can quote me in 5 years from now).  Ebikes are coming to races, like it or not... the less we protest, the less drama and the quicker race organizers will learn to separate these guys and design races, i.e. start times and batches or whatever else in a way that all participants can enjoy the trails on any bike (if you call an ebike a bike...) that you choose.

And in a few years those insecure people will still be complaining about all the Training they did and they were passed by an e bike...

The man said that he has back. issues but would still like to participate in this awesome pastime of ours and probably enjoy the gees of an event, not actually try and win it.

I’m my opinion should your heath not allow you to use a conventional bicycle you should be able to use an e bike , More people on bicycles is a win for the sport anyway.

Will the OP finish K2C on a single charge ?

I thinks it’s only the Levo that’s adjustable for distance and time .

Edited by Clinton H

I’m my opinion should your heath not allow you to use a conventional bicycle you should be able to use an e bike , More people on bicycles is a win for the sport anyway.

I thinks it’s on the Levo that’s adjustable for distance and time .

How do you standardise the bikes though? Some do 70km/h and some do 25?

I thinks it’s only the Levo that’s adjustable for distance and time .

More people on BMXes is not a win for XCO or marathon.

More people on road bikes is not a win for XCO or marathon.

More people on downhill bikes is not a win for XCO or marathon.

And more more people on electrified bikes is not a win for the sport of cycling. Because it isn't cycling.

It is a huge win for the individual's health and opportunities for recreational pursuits. But it is not cycling and should not be part of a sports event.

But there is no reason on earth why they can't start a couple of hours earlier or later than the rest and be done with it.

On a side note, I think we should allow the W2W Adventure, for example, to anyone as it's a ride, not a race.

“On a side note, I think we should allow the W2W Adventure, for example, to anyone as it's a ride, not a race.”

Can I come on a YZ250 if I put SPD pedals on it and wear cycling shoes?

Don't see why not, sir, as your attempts to pass people while making hideous putt-putt noises will be funny. And the bike sounds won't be appreciated either, I bet. Edited by Thor Buttox

bike...

The man said that he has back. issues but would still like to participate in this awesome pastime of ours and probably enjoy the gees of an event, not actually try and win it.

I met a lady with a spinal fusion on the Argus one year. She was going slowly, and stopping for massages, but she finished.

It might not be the same as the OP's scenario, but as long as the OP believes that he will never be able to ride k2c with a normal bike, then he sure as hell WILL never be able to ride it with a normal bike.

How do you standardise the bikes though? Some do 70km/h and some do 25?

scrutineerIng, bike must fall within the definition of a pedelec.