50 Ironman-distance triathlons in 50 days

gummibear

I read on Slowtwitch that the swim was short and that she didn't make the distance.

Yeah, and her swim speed is faster than other times she has posted by around 15 seconds per 100m. That is a big variance, but we don't have enough to go on. I just don't want to attack her, as that is unfair. 

It's super human. But cheesing through this makes everyone else's accomplishments seem trivial. That's why she has to be truthful and upfront about her efforts. If she lies in any way, no one is going to take her seriously. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see she did her bike leg was done on an apartment store bike. I asked her on IG why she doesn't do this on a TT a few weeks back and she said she has one, and is planning on using it. A little fishy, as I would use the TT 100%. She has stopped saying 50 IMs in 50 days now though. But, going to give her the benefit of the doubt. 

Edited by EmJayZA

I see she did her bike leg was done on an apartment store bike. I asked her on IG why she doesn't do this on a TT a few weeks back and she said she has one, and is planning on using it. A little fishy, as I would use the TT 100%. She has stopped saying 50 IMs in 50 days now though. But, going to give her the benefit of the doubt. 

Very fishy - if you ask me :-)

Some of the comments on Strava:

"Tim Pillsbury: You started the bike at 4:37am and it took 7h10 min. That means you finished at 11:47am. So how did you start the run at 11:21am? And if the run took 4h37min, your finishing time would be 3:58pm local time, if you IMMEDIATELY started the run. It’s not even that time yet in Haiti.

Jeremy McNamara: To everyone who thinks she's legit, her garmin shows it as a single multisport activity, yet if you go look at the flyby of this run you can see her pass herself on the bike. She finally finishes the bike, according to the flyby that is supposedly all from a single multisport activity, when she's at mile 6 of the run. But don't trust this random guy on the internet, go look at the flyby yourself.

Erika Jurkowski Alyssa Vaughn: triathletes arent assholes at all. They are just honest people who believe in doing the right thing and not taking credit for things that are impossible. This file is saying that she is running up a hill and her heart rate is getting slower. Have you ever run a hill and not had your heart rate go up? We just want her to be honest. Thats all. We ALL want her to do 50/50 but do it honestly and respect that sport. She manipulated her data and thats cheating.

Tim Pillsbury: Are you a time traveler?"

James Lawrence (Iron Cowboy) did it in 2015 but all of his races were outdoors.He had also done a few Ironman races before he embarked on the challenge

Ashley Horner has only completed an Olympic distance race :eek:

Kinda throws a lot of shade on my achievements. ;)

Fine line between pushing boundaries and insanity... this i think is over the edge.

Kinda throws a lot of shade on my achievements. ;)

Fine line between pushing boundaries and insanity... this i think is over the edge.

It is complete insanity. I think this is why people are looking very closely at this. The triathlete community can also be brutal, as everyone is very competitive. Now throw in an Instagram fitness type person, and it's a recipe for a lot of trolling. Instagram fitness models / personalities are not taken very seriously, and often get caught out on lying and putting bad information out there. This should have been done with a little more caution. Maybe try a few IMs before going head into 50/50. Her first IM is done over 21 hours as is, and now I think she is travelling. 

DC Rainmaker is posting on SlowTwitch. He does talk to some of the data issues. 

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Fitness_star_Ashley_Horner_to_complete_50_ironman_triathlons_in_50_days_P6671856-60/

If she does 50 IM distances in more than 50 days, it is still crazy. But, be honest and open. She should probably have started a blog with comments on why she is doing what. I bet if she posted about her struggles, and even admits defeat, the people will love her, and she will get a ton more followers. 

I find the data to be fishy. I suggested months ago to her to start logging stuff on Strava and she also linked another Ashley Horner account. And today I see a new one. It seems like it has not been thought out 100%, and almost sporadic. 

But, this is actually good for the sport. People will realize that triathlons are not completely undoable. 

Edited by EmJayZA

I see she's put a new schedule up. Couldn't get from Haiti to the states in time. 

Shes still aiming for 50 ironmans in a row though, all the power to her

I see she's put a new schedule up. Couldn't get from Haiti to the states in time. 

Shes still aiming for 50 ironmans in a row though, all the power to her

link to schedule?

link to schedule?

saw it in her instagram post unfortunately

(not sure to link that, nor do I have access to social media on my work pc here..)

James Lawrence (Iron Cowboy) did it in 2015 but all of his races were outdoors.He had also done a few Ironman races before he embarked on the challenge

Ashley Horner has only completed an Olympic distance race :eek:

https://youtu.be/X5r7d55zYd0

Incredible guy and an incredible achievement. I think that some of his stuff was indoors though, including on a cross trainer instead of a treadmill for one of the runs.

we got 9 provinces.

9days

finish with PE ironman official event

not sure where you would do the kowteng one. but i guess the real problem would be some silly rule like you need to attend a pre race briefing or checkinn the day before so you'd be better starting with that one.

we got 9 provinces.

9days

finish with PE ironman official event

not sure where you would do the kowteng one. but i guess the real problem would be some silly rule like you need to attend a pre race briefing or checkinn the day before so you'd be better starting with that one.

and pay TSA for your temp licence

So... looks like Ashley Horner has returned home. I'm not sure if its a temporary break or not. I suspect she'll be back in some way but the 50 in 50 didn't happen for now.

So... looks like Ashley Horner has returned home. I'm not sure if its a temporary break or not. I suspect she'll be back in some way but the 50 in 50 didn't happen for now.

Built for speed and not the long ride

????

2.5 Triathalons in 6 days...

Like someone on slowtwitch said: Another "social media as a career" disaster. An Instragram fitness model got herself surrounded by yesmen that allowed her mouth to write checks that her lack of experience couldn't cash.

2.5 Triathalons in 6 days...

Like someone on slowtwitch said: Another "social media as a career" disaster. An Instragram fitness model got herself surrounded by yesmen that allowed her mouth to write checks that her lack of experience couldn't cash.

I have to agree.

As much as I wanted to applaud her for setting this up, trying to raise money for a legit good cause (which she still is so we can't take that away from her), or try something amazing...

It's really a shocker effort isn't it.