Football

IceCreamMan

Great for Bale but not for Madrid? Chinese don't want to pay a transfer fee along with the wages. Even if Zidane doesn't like him it doesn't make financial sense for Madrid to let a player like Bale leave for free

if it means they no longer have to pay his salary it would be tempting. Zidane has no interest in Bale by the looks of things.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great for Bale but not for Madrid? Chinese don't want to pay a transfer fee along with the wages. Even if Zidane doesn't like him it doesn't make financial sense for Madrid to let a player like Bale leave for free

I read a while ago that the Chinese clubs have some or other restriction on how much they are allowed to buy a player for.

More likely it would be a loan deal, where the Chinese club pays a certain amount to Madrid to loan him. Wouldn't be surprised it that amount is deducted from this crazy wage he is rumoured to be getting.. that would make the more economical sense.

But they blindly sign players for huge wages, Stephan El Shaarawy moved to China a few weeks ago and he'll be getting €14m a year.

Edited by Gen

if it means they no longer have to pay his salary it would be tempting. Zidane has no interest in Bale by the looks of things.

The clubs unwillingness to sell Bale was part of the reason Zidane left, he wanted to bring Hazard in then already. Club refused.. Zidane resigned and well it is rumoured that his return would be on a few guarantees, Bale out the door was apparently one of them..

He just isn't part of Zidane's plans simple as that.

More likely it would be a loan deal, where the Chinese club pays a certain amount to Madrid to loan him. Wouldn't be surprised it that amount is deducted from this crazy wage he is rumoured to be getting.. that would make the more economical sense.

Not sure how that would work - who knows. Clearly they will get rid of him, but any deal which only nets a pittance for Real for a player of his stature would be beyond daft.

Not sure how that would work - who knows. Clearly they will get rid of him, but any deal which only nets a pittance for Real for a player of his stature would be beyond daft.

He is no longer profitable for Real Madrid and his value has also depreciated a lot and spent this last season either injured or coming back from injury before picking up another knock. He may have played 29 games this last season but only started 14..(I think) and even when he started a lot of time he was subbed off. And when he was fit he was really inconsistent.

Pretty sure they would take 60m for him but getting him to agree with another club for less wages than what he currently gets is apparently a massive problem.. as he is on 600k a week.

Edited by Gen

Shame, did that hit a nerve  :w00t: 

Well done Szczsney... some impressive and not so impressive trophies while sitting on the bench 90% of the time.

Poor old Kane will have to make do with being a household name, good enough to start for pretty much any team in the world along with two premiere league golden boots and a world cup one on the sly... World cup semi and Champions League final already and he's barely even hit his prime

Arsenal though is where it is at... just ask your captain who is so desperate to leave or your best player who walked on a free  :thumbup:

Coming from a side who hasn't won a single league title in your lifetime! Household name with nothing to show but talk........

Coming from a side who hasn't won a single league title in your lifetime! Household name with nothing to show but talk........

Is this coming from a side who haven’t even made it to qualify for Champions League in the past 4 years...?

Sounds like you have problems with dealing in the present. But if history is what makes you happy, then good for you.

Also sounds like sour grapes when your closest neighbours are ripping up the turf in front of your very eyes... Dream on!

Is this coming from a side who haven’t even made it to qualify for Champions League in the past 4 years...?

Sounds like you have problems with dealing in the present. But if history is what makes you happy, then good for you.

Also sounds like sour grapes when your closest neighbours are ripping up the turf in front of your very eyes... Dream on!

Not at all and certainly no sour grapes. So you're suggesting that the measure of success is absolutely the here and now? History is what measures success overall and in the fold I get your position....not much to compare. But hey,Harry scored from halfway in a a friendly. Deserves a trophy....oh and yeah another for turf ripping! We're the sh1ttest we've been in years and you're the best since 61 arguably and yet a solitary point separated us in the true test of league football. There's some reality for you....

Not at all and certainly no sour grapes. So you're suggesting that the measure of success is absolutely the here and now? History is what measures success overall and in the fold I get your position....not much to compare. But hey,Harry scored from halfway in a a friendly. Deserves a trophy....oh and yeah another for turf ripping! We're the sh1ttest we've been in years and you're the best since 61 arguably and yet a solitary point separated us in the true test of league football. There's some reality for you....

Lol, Lol, Lol...

I agree with you on the relevance of history here, but your earliest response was to a post regarding a specific match and you thought it was pertinent to bring history to the conversation.

Sczezny is not worth mentioning as a success! Harry Kane cannot be compared to Sczezny! Just like Arsenal cannot be compared to Spurs - even if you didn’t qualify for Champions League by “a solitary point.”

And maybe you should take note of the comments by Jürgen Klopp yesterday, before you categorize games as ”friendly” or otherwise. Of course teams are using these as warm up to the League season - is there a better way of training? I’m more inclined to believe the assessment of Klopp than an Arsenal supporter.

Perhaps you have spent too much time under a rock, hence your difficulty with embracing the here and now! But hey, each to his own.

Glad you admit that your your team are shite! And that the days of partying at the top of the table are over. That’s what happens in the here and now...

And you do realize you haven't won a league in what will very soon be two decades - that's also a very long time. 

I never denied your clubs history, we also have our fair share of history. 

Bottom line though, your club is a long long way from it's glory days and we're also not the Spurs of old. 

Let's not turn this thread into a little bickering match - we can all respect each other and throw about a bit of banter, but let's keep it friendly and on track.

And you do realize you haven't won a league in what will very soon be two decades - that's also a very long time.

I never denied your clubs history, we also have our fair share of history.

Bottom line though, your club is a long long way from it's glory days and we're also not the Spurs of old.

Let's not turn this thread into a little bickering match - we can all respect each other and throw about a bit of banter, but let's keep it friendly and on track.

Happy with that

Lol, Lol, Lol...

I agree with you on the relevance of history here, but your earliest response was to a post regarding a specific match and you thought it was pertinent to bring history to the conversation.

Sczezny is not worth mentioning as a success! Harry Kane cannot be compared to Sczezny! Just like Arsenal cannot be compared to Spurs - even if you didn’t qualify for Champions League by “a solitary point.”

And maybe you should take note of the comments by Jürgen Klopp yesterday, before you categorize games as ”friendly” or otherwise. Of course teams are using these as warm up to the League season - is there a better way of training? I’m more inclined to believe the assessment of Klopp than an Arsenal supporter.

Perhaps you have spent too much time under a rock, hence your difficulty with embracing the here and now! But hey, each to his own.

Glad you admit that your your team are shite! And that the days of partying at the top of the table are over. That’s what happens in the here and now...

Much like I believe the assessment of Jim Smith over a Spurs supporter. You overlooked the tidbit that our shite remains presently your best. Win something and shout from the rooftops....

Much like I believe the assessment of Jim Smith over a Spurs supporter. You overlooked the tidbit that our shite remains presently your best. Win something and shout from the rooftops....

That’s the problem - you are the only who is still shouting from the rooftops , about the history of your team!

We are Spurs! Even if we are still Spursy!

Again, you're using a single point of reference... the league, where our paper thin squad, playing most of the season away from home stumbled into the Champions League positions ahead of you. We were clearly distracted by that little Champions League thing, where our runner up position equals your very best exploits in the same comp.

If you believe our teams are on par, then good luck to you... I think you will find 90% of rational persons would pick a huge majority of Spurs players in a combined team, I actually struggle to even think of an Arsenal player I would actually covet. I guess Aubamayang would be nice to bring off the bench in a stretched game but that's about it.