Football

IceCreamMan

Ditching offside...now that would change things up!!

You think people are going mad now.. They'll lose their freaking minds if they'd do that... Yet once upon a time they lost their minds when they brought in the offside rule... It didn't kill the game [emoji6] Edited by Gen

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Dad was buried in Aus today. Had to watch on video which sucks. He was a life long Arsenal supporter and actually played for the Arsenal nursery team back in the early 1950's

He told us many stories of playing at Highbury in front of huge crowds. On the odd occasion he was asked to stand in for some of the injured first team players, but in those days there were no subs, and the player he was going to deputise for always ended up arriving for the game.

In his funeral plan, Dad asked for a basic coffin with a red spray. My brother misread it and assumed he wanted a red coffin. Once my brother discover the mistake he went overboard with adding Arsenal stickers. I think my Dad would have enjoyed that

post-11947-0-69478500-1618920624_thumb.jpg

My Dad was buried in Aus today. Had to watch on video which sucks. He was a life long Arsenal supporter and actually played for the Arsenal nursery team back in the early 1950's

He told us many stories of playing at Highbury in front of huge crowds. On the odd occasion he was asked to stand in for some of the injured first team players, but in those days there were no subs, and the player he was going to deputise for always ended up arriving for the game.

In his funeral plan, Dad asked for a basic coffin with a red spray. My brother misread it and assumed he wanted a red coffin. Once my brother discover the mistake he went overboard with adding Arsenal stickers. I think my Dad would have enjoyed that

attachicon.gifIMG-20210417-WA0004.jpg

Firstly.. Condolences.. I am terribly sorry for your loss.

Secondly.. [emoji4]

So sorry for your loss and I like to think that somehow they know what happens even once they are gone if that makes sense.

First off condolences on your loss. Secondly what a way to celebrate your dad's life. He must've been an extraordinary man!

Hearty condolences on your loss Bro...

Safe to say leeds dominated that game and shitpool lucky to walk away with a point...

Crazy how quickly this team has become so average, ffs!

Only watch the second half then?

Baldrick - I'm sorry you couldn't be there, but that's a great story!

Secondly, I laughed.

Edit ;that's probably meant to be man city (?)

Edited by Chris_

Baldrick - I'm sorry you couldn't be there, but that's a great story!

Secondly, I laughed.

https://twitter.com/russian_market/status/1384577040255438851?s=19

Edit ;that's probably meant to be man city (?)

Lols

Yeah I see a bit of chaos has erupted this last hours or so

Soo we thinking that negotiation around better share of the pie has taken place then.

I don't think the new format of the CL is great, it's even more games than before and big clubs that don't automatically qualify still find a way to stay in the competition so it will end up being the Super League lite in any case.

My question though.. If football is for the fans.. Will clubs drop ticket prices and merchandise prices.. .. Will players cut their wages and play for the love of the game and will clubs stop paying crazy amount of money for players..

Will UEFA actually make all the tickets (finals) available to fans and not keep 50% for corporates. And will UEFA give the clubs their fare share?

Oooh forgot the big one.. Will broadcasting be free.. You know cause it's for the fans?

Edited by Gen

Well it took the super league 48hrs to do what the United fans wanted for years

Manchester United has confirmed that executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward will step down from his role at the end of 2021. [emoji599]

“I am extremely proud to have served United. The club is well positioned for the future and it will be difficult to walk away at the end of the year”.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1384602779075813385?s=19

Edited by Gen

Lols

Yeah I see a bit of chaos has erupted this last hours or so

Soo we thinking that negotiation around better share of the pie has taken place then.

I don't think the new format of the CL is great, it's even more games than before and big clubs that don't automatically qualify still find a way to stay in the competition so it will end up being the Super League lite in any case.

My question though.. If football is for the fans.. Will clubs drop ticket prices and merchandise prices.. .. Will players cut their wages and play for the love of the game and will clubs stop paying crazy amount of money for players..

Will UEFA actually make all the tickets (finals) available to fans and not keep 50% for corporates. And will UEFA give the clubs their fare share?

Oooh forgot the big one.. Will broadcasting be free.. You know cause it's for the fans?

“ If football is for the fans.. Will clubs drop ticket prices and merchandise prices.. .. Will players cut their wages and play for the love of the game and will clubs stop paying crazy amount of money for players..”

????????????????????????

Is it just me that was kinda hoping that the ESL would succeed if only to show UEFA the finger? I mean all these threats and then they only do this reform after the fact yet the clubs have been pleading for decades