Football

IceCreamMan

Meeting my spurs mate for a pint or 3 tonight at the pub. Cos we can. And sun is shining and life is good

Result I suspect will not go our way but bale should be prohibited from scoring against us.

Bales lack of game time was mentioned as a factor is the special ones demise. ( apologies if already mentioned)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The transfer window is going to be interesting.

Fans totally aghast at the ESL and the revenues it could generate but on the other hand (Darren ;) ) those same fans wanting to spend 200m signing Kylian Mbappe.

I would love to see zero transfers.. Niks not for the next 3 seasons .. Cause you know its not about money but the love of the game. [emoji6]

They want grass roots devopment then bring up your young ones..

On a realistic note.. I do not believe there will be big money spent. (not like always) .but most of the clubs can just not afford it with the losses this last year.

Edited by Gen

Congratulations Ryan Mason... :clap: :clap:

Time for VAR to go away. I don’t dispute the result but VAR is a blight

Yeah... just shows you what it's really about for all the 'outraged clubs'

The outrage is more because they weren't one of the chosen ones.  And please, all these fake hypocrites players crying about how it's not sport, while they demand their next contract extension and salary increase up to R5mil a week on the back of those exact fans paying over the odds to keep the whole steaming pile afloat...

And now we have an Oil Prince heading up the 'ethical' side of things

Farcical 

Time for VAR to go away. I don’t dispute the result but VAR is a blight

At least it balanced out in the end... I guess it will take time to get used to. 

For me Son's first goal should stand as well, on the simply grounds the goalie is just never saving it. It's in the corner from 2meters out... but yeah, we could debate these things all day. Hopefully over a season they all just balance out, but I know many a times it's pissed me off.

At least it balanced out in the end... I guess it will take time to get used to.

For me Son's first goal should stand as well, on the simply grounds the goalie is just never saving it. It's in the corner from 2meters out... but yeah, we could debate these things all day. Hopefully over a season they all just balance out, but I know many a times it's pissed me off.

The first goal I thought was not on. I even said to my mate over the din in the pub that’s not fair play. Lucas impeded his view. Even though as you say he had no chance.

Then the penalty. I agree there was a penalty but for an earlier issue being handball. Then a spurs player hand balled too before the foul. Then the foul itself happened after the shot. It’s a comedy of errors there.

As a spectator I think football was more enjoyable pre VAR and the idea of VAR was to prevent errors but still happens anyway. It’s detracting from the game. Use goal line tech and be done with VAR.

Don’t dispute the result. Spurs were the better side esp after bales goal.

Pint of carling now 5.60 in the Tup pub. Prices risen sharply since last time we went in October. Was 4.90 then.

Yeah... just shows you what it's really about for all the 'outraged clubs'

The outrage is more because they weren't one of the chosen ones. And please, all these fake hypocrites players crying about how it's not sport, while they demand their next contract extension and salary increase up to R5mil a week on the back of those exact fans paying over the odds to keep the whole steaming pile afloat...

And now we have an Oil Prince heading up the 'ethical' side of things

Farcical

Yep couldn't agree more

The first goal I thought was not on. I even said to my mate over the din in the pub that’s not fair play. Lucas impeded his view. Even though as you say he had no chance.

Then the penalty. I agree there was a penalty but for an earlier issue being handball. Then a spurs player hand balled too before the foul. Then the foul itself happened after the shot. It’s a comedy of errors there.

As a spectator I think football was more enjoyable pre VAR and the idea of VAR was to prevent errors but still happens anyway. It’s detracting from the game. Use goal line tech and be done with VAR.

Don’t dispute the result. Spurs were the better side esp after bales goal.

Pint of carling now 5.60 in the Tup pub. Prices risen sharply since last time we went in October. Was 4.90 then.

Thats R 111.24 in proper money for a beer . Eish . 

Thats R 111.24 in proper money for a beer . Eish .

If someone pours you a beer or makes you a sandwich it gets expensive. In the supermarket I could get at least 8 pint tins for 5.60 as an example. Prices gone up steeply though. Pub in October was 4.90 a pint.

Edited by IceCreamMan

Yes. Birmingham City is officially safe from relegation with two games to go :clap: :clap: :clap:

We have been stuck in a battle for the last 20 matches. After a six game run of four wins and two draws we are safe.

Well done to Lee Bowyer. Hope he sticks around for another season.

Yes. Birmingham City is officially safe from relegation with two games to go :clap: :clap: :clap:

We have been stuck in a battle for the last 20 matches. After a six game run of four wins and two draws we are safe.

Well done to Lee Bowyer. Hope he sticks around for another season.

Yeah I agree, Lee Bowyer has turned that slide around and good for Birmingham:thumbs:

Next target = Promotion playoffs