Football

IceCreamMan

That's another storied team about to bottom out, for the life of me I don't understand why these teams queue up so willingly to pay him compensation.

With Jose when the going is good it's very good. As in title contender good. Sadly however it always sours as we all know all to well.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Jose when the going is good it's very good. As in title contender good. Sadly however it always sours as we all know all to well.

Vanity signing by Roma's new Yank owners.. They hired the Mourinho brand I hope to dear heavens he doesn't destroy those youngsters on the team.

Also spare a thought for Smalling and Mkhitaryan[emoji30]

Vanity signing by Roma's new Yank owners.. They hired the Mourinho brand I hope to dear heavens he doesn't destroy those youngsters on the team.

Also spare a thought for Smalling and Mkhitaryan[emoji30]

A bit of muscle flexing, trying to make a statement of intent about winning. Agree with you about it not being the wisest or best choice especially if you're taking a long term view.

I thought mourinho would not last 6 montths , but he did. Spurs ran into a seam of good results at one point and headed the premiership for the first time in 6 or 7 years. They also achieved a final in the league cup although i do not put much weight in that competition. 

Jose has cashed in on many occasions and he is high profile wherever he goes. Club owners want results , that is there top priority. With results come money. Him being high profile he always makes the news. That said i think he is going to do well in Roma...on the back of that we may yet see him again in the premiership. 

. That said i think he is going to do well in Roma..

And why do you say that?

A bit of muscle flexing, trying to make a statement of intent about winning. Agree with you about it not being the wisest or best choice especially if you're taking a long term view.

Sigh. It won't be long until he says things like I can't do better with this squad and starts having a go at players.. I hate that about him...

Sigh. It won't be long until he says things like I can't do better with this squad and starts having a go at players.. I hate that about him...

Or blames the players for a loss or a series of losses.

Or blames the players for a loss or a series of losses.

Yeah he struggles with critism and is not very adaptable with tactics... I donno i don't like it doesn't seem like a good fit for Roma at all he isn't someone who really teaches, If you know what I mean esp for the younger players . That Roma squad just need some stability and someone who has a way with players.. Mourinho is not that person sure it will be fun at the beginning and all smiles but it won't last and when it doesn't last Mourinho gets all cranky and starts with outbursts.

I really hope I am wrong but I donno maybe if he can get some club legends in his corner publicly (this will be hard as the previous owners made damn sure that they weren't welcome.. Don't know if these new Yanks quite understand the importance of the Roman legends to the squad and fans) it might make a difference...

It's all fun and games when he is at clubs I don't like.. But I like Roma.. So I am sad.

[emoji53]

Edited by Gen

And why do you say that?

A lot less pressure. He will have the support of owners and Pinto. And I suspect the fans will back him too. He is for the most part fondly remembered in Italy. Roma on back foot an not been doing to well. Last weeks humiliation sets up mourinho well.

Mourinho s appointments post Chelsea have always been viewed with suspicion in premiership. I reckon a stint at an ‘unfancied’ club will be a good combo.

Shrewd move possibly an might have been cheap too.

Yeah he struggles with critism and is not very adaptable with tactics... I donno i don't like it doesn't seem like a good fit for Roma at all he isn't someone who really teaches, If you know what I mean esp for the younger players . That Roma squad just need some stability and someone who has a way with players.. Mourinho is not that person sure it will be fun at the beginning and all smiles but it won't last and when it doesn't last Mourinho gets all cranky and starts with outbursts.

I really hope I am wrong but I donno maybe if he can get some club legends in his corner publicly (this will be hard as the previous owners made damn sure that they weren't welcome.. Don't know if these new Yanks quite understand the importance of the Roman legends to the squad and fans) it might make a difference...

It's all fun and games when he is at clubs I don't like.. But I like Roma.. So I am sad.

[emoji53]

Yeah agreed. I really hope for Roma's sake that everything goes well for a long period but Jose recent track record is iffy at best. Will be interesting to see how things go.

Lol the City groundsmen could really not be subtle hey[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

A lot less pressure. He will have the support of owners and Pinto. And I suspect the fans will back him too. He is for the most part fondly remembered in Italy. Roma on back foot an not been doing to well. Last weeks humiliation sets up mourinho well.

Mourinho s appointments post Chelsea have always been viewed with suspicion in premiership. I reckon a stint at an ‘unfancied’ club will be a good combo.

Shrewd move possibly an might have been cheap too.

IF you think the pressure is less at Roma esp because of their current situation you are sorely mistaken and there will be no buying a squad for a Mourinho he'll have to make due with more or less what they have and a few signings but no big money will be spent the way Mourinho likes to do.... If he wants to make it work he'll have to 100% buy into the long term project..Jose hasn't had to do that in a very very long time.. Edited by Gen

IF you think the pressure is less at Roma esp because of their current situation you are sorely mistaken and there will be no buying a squad for a Mourinho he'll have to make due with more or less what they have and a few signings but no big money will be spent the way Mourinho likes to do.... If he wants to make it work he'll have to 100% buy into the long term project..

The pressure will be less and not because of their current position. You mention some of the very reasons why it will be so. No one realistically expects a trophy in the near future.

Time will tell. I think he will do well in the scenario.