Football

IceCreamMan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See Bafana bafana have appointed a belgian coach who has had success in africa. cost of 720k per month.

Sigh and our national hockey teams have to beg, borrow and plead and raise funds on their own to try and fund their Olympic preparation.. Juggling work and studies to make us proud.[emoji45]

Note.. both men's and women's World rankings are a hell of a lot better than the football.. Makes me so sad and mad.

Edited by Gen

Arteta must surely be shown the door

Wenger IN 

First out must be the Kroeke's but that's wishful thinking. For all the good Arteta has done in the club he is still very much learning his trade and should be plying it at a "lower" club. At the time i was hoping for Poch or Carlo but we went for a noob. 

Arteta must surely be shown the door

Wenger IN 

Nope, leave him be. We’ll get better with time , building is a slow process . Seems to have the support form the players. What we do need is some creativity up front . 

I’m optimistic for the next few seasons , let’s see how things roll

Nope, leave him be. We’ll get better with time , building is a slow process . Seems to have the support form the players. What we do need is some creativity up front . 

I’m optimistic for the next few seasons , let’s see how things roll

Bro, while i agree with what you say i disagree too. as the season has gone on we no longer press like we did when he first arrived. His team selection has worsened which has caused the players to lack efficiency, I mean the reason why Sheffield and Wolves did so well last season with "lesser" players is that the coach  knew who his best 11 were and played them. Were is Pepe best LW or RW? where is Willian best ? Why not play Martinelli? Why is Gabriel not starting? how is Holding our preferred CB? Who is a better LB backup Xhaka or Cedric, if Xhaka why buy Cedric when you choose Chambers as RB. If neither why send Kolosniac out? all these rookie mistakes is understandable for a new coach in his career, but that's why is should be plied at a different club, not at a supposable Top 6 club. 

Emery :

Matches 78

Win Ratio 55.13%

Goals For 152

Goals Against 100

Arteta :

Matches 77

Win Ratio 51.95%

Goals For 100

Goals Against 66

Just because he's an ex-player doesn't mean we need to give him special treatment. 

Emery :

Matches 78

Win Ratio 55.13%

Goals For 152

Goals Against 100

Arteta :

Matches 77

Win Ratio 51.95%

Goals For 100

Goals Against 66

Just because he's an ex-player doesn't mean we need to give him special treatment. 

thats the concrete cold facts,,, his influence and effect on the team is less than Unai and Wenger.. Both were "fired" cos of poor results. Using the same yardstick should see the back of Arteta.

arsenal are very likely to miss out on Euro football next year...after being in for 25 years.... the money lost must be huge 

Bro, while i agree with what you say i disagree too. as the season has gone on we no longer press like we did when he first arrived. His team selection has worsened which has caused the players to lack efficiency, I mean the reason why Sheffield and Wolves did so well last season with "lesser" players is that the coach  knew who his best 11 were and played them. Were is Pepe best LW or RW? where is Willian best ? Why not play Martinelli? Why is Gabriel not starting? how is Holding our preferred CB? Who is a better LB backup Xhaka or Cedric, if Xhaka why buy Cedric when you choose Chambers as RB. If neither why send Kolosniac out? all these rookie mistakes is understandable for a new coach in his career, but that's why is should be plied at a different club, not at a supposable Top 6 club. 

Yeah , all valid technical points . Agree regarding the press , seems to be on a different system. Villareal seemed to have lots of space when pushing from midfield last night , and would have been quite a handful had they decided to attack more .

Agree re team stability , but seems to be building around a system of more versatile players who shift position.

I think Holding is a great option where he is now  , and TP been one of our best signings for ages.

But , with the time already invested , seems a waste to abandon that and start with a whole new gig. I reckon the great Arsene took a few years to sort things and start developing his game at the start , and we should give MA a shot at settling down.

A few months ago there was shouting form all over for Ole to get axed at Man U and now suddenly he’s golden .

The one tactic that drives me nuts now tho, is this need to have 4 or 5 cute passes in no space at all in front of goal once the keeper is involved. Just get the thing upfield......

Bro, while i agree with what you say i disagree too. as the season has gone on we no longer press like we did when he first arrived. His team selection has worsened which has caused the players to lack efficiency, I mean the reason why Sheffield and Wolves did so well last season with "lesser" players is that the coach knew who his best 11 were and played them. Were is Pepe best LW or RW? where is Willian best ? Why not play Martinelli? Why is Gabriel not starting? how is Holding our preferred CB? Who is a better LB backup Xhaka or Cedric, if Xhaka why buy Cedric when you choose Chambers as RB. If neither why send Kolosniac out? all these rookie mistakes is understandable for a new coach in his career, but that's why is should be plied at a different club, not at a supposable Top 6 club.

Are you saying that Mikel Arteta is a Jose Mourinho impersonator? No ways... I’m-possible I say!!

See Bafana bafana have appointed a belgian coach who has had success in africa. cost of 720k per month. 

And already he isn't liked by many because the ignorant loud mouths are unhappy with him saying that the older guys need to step aside and he wants to start working with a younger squad to build up for the future.

And already he isn't liked by many because the ignorant loud mouths are unhappy with him saying that the older guys need to step aside and he wants to start working with a younger squad to build up for the future.

I reckon being banana banana coach is a lonesome place to be. No one thinks you doing a good job

I rated Phillips trouser as he had good results with African teams and national sides but the players found him too ‘tough’ so ultimately he was fired. I also thought clever barker deserved a longer stay but that’s football. Pity ingusand did not work out. I thought he was ideal,

We know how it’s going to end with this coach..embroiled in controversy and fired or he resigns, too much BS in ZA sport. Even though he is right, the old guard have been dismal why stick with them.

Where the City fans? I'm not one, but even I'm seriously confused/pissed how that penalty was not given in the Chelsea game? If you're a defender and you are wrong side of the striker and you run into the back of his legs... it's a penalty. Stone cold, 110%, every time. But even the VAR did nothing to rectify it?!

And you could see it completely rattled the City side and of course Chelsea bundled in a last minute winner.

How things like this can still happen with VAR is a complete joke... I'm all for innovation, but when the wheels come off like that, there needs to be some serious questions asked. You'd swear Alex Ferguson was the VAR...

Also hope for Aguero's sake that is not his last game for City. Would be a tragedy for that to be his parting shot...

Spurs still suck - we had no fight against Leeds, it was sad to watch. At least now we can't paper over the cracks of the obvious rebuild needed with a few good displays. Sadly think Kane may have had enough too... the Glazers will need to get a lot more than $90mill out their piggy banks though. Harry is irreplaceable, no matter how much money. But I can't even blame him