Football

IceCreamMan

Dusted off my England shirt ready to wear tomorrow. 

Memories are flying in my head as I watched the world cup 2018 in England. The atmosphere in the park for England vs  Sweden was brilliant. It was gorgeous weather, I was with my English family and it was still coming home at that point. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Gen said:

Hoping for the best for Eriksen.. Very concerning. 

Hope he will be ok. 

9 minutes ago, Red Robin said:

Hope he will be ok. 

Something one never wants to see, they really should not have televised him receiving treatment... Seeing them give CPR and getting shocked in attempts to revive him is not something the world needs to see esp not for his family... Don't know why they did that or why they televised his gf/ wife pitch side.. No man not cool. 

Edited by Gen

Upon the request by the players from both sides the game will resume at 20:30

Now that there are confirmed reports that Eriksen is awake and talking, and seemly out  of danger and has also spoken with his teammates..  We can speak of other reports coming out that apparently Danish Captain Kjaer who acted Incredibly fast.. 

For all the crap football players get for whatever reasons.. Let's just take a moment to appreciate that and the efforts of teammates and the medical staff.

Edited by Gen

It’s hot in Europe. Players must be taking strain. Next years World Cup is gonna be challenging. 

red robin - its coming home again now. That line is used all the time ????

Weather is great, sumner is here, pubs are full, footie is on. Glorious times 

56 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

It’s hot in Europe. Players must be taking strain. Next years World Cup is gonna be challenging. 

red robin - its coming home again now. That line is used all the time ????

Weather is great, sumner is here, pubs are full, footie is on. Glorious times 

One day it might.....????

Edited by Red Robin

16 hours ago, Gen said:

Upon the request by the players from both sides the game will resume at 20:30

By all accounts they were offered a bit of a rubbish choice, finish it there and then or at lunchtime the following day.

Not so much requesting to play as picking the least worst alternative.

9 minutes ago, marko35s said:

By all accounts they were offered a bit of a rubbish choice, finish it there and then or at lunchtime the following day.

Not so much requesting to play as picking the least worst alternative.

For sure.

Emotional toll on all the players and staff..quite bad that they were expected to play either last night or today.  

Edited by Gen

Professional football must accommodate tv. That’s the product. Denmark would probably have had to forfeit otherwise. Game can’t be replayed at any other time. That’s unfortunately the grim reality of professionalism. 

croatia are 5 to one. Tempting albeit a bit unpatriotic ????

The coverage was crap. They should build a roof. But guess it was not really built for games in June. 

solid win which could have been more. I think Croatia will still qualify though. 

Any of you guys know where to get Copa America coverage. I can't seem to find it on SS?