IceCreamMan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, cfcjim said:

It's all on the BBC iPlayer.

There are various ways to watch if you are not in the UK.

Thx.  I came right with BBC iplayer with some creativity. 

This however means I am functioning on little sleep ????

3 hours ago, Gen said:

Thx.  I came right with BBC iplayer with some creativity. 

This however means I am functioning on little sleep ????

Nice one.

I know what you mean. The Euros and Copa America are in dangerously convenient time zones as far as sleep is concerned.

1 minute ago, cfcjim said:

Nice one.

I know what you mean. The Euros and Copa America are in dangerously convenient time zones as far as sleep is concerned.

ha ha

yeah.. the Coppa game started not long after the Euro game ended last night.. then the danger is that I can't fall asleep after I've watched a game cause I keep on thinking about the game, this meant that I was still thinking about the Argentina game at 2am this morning.

Yup, I had to be in the office at 0600 SA time (0500 my time) this morning after watching too many hours of football and wondering why Messi isn't Messi for Argentina.

And wondering why Spain couldn't score and wondering what the France Germany game would be like. And more and more.

I am so damaged. Luckily I don't have to drive anywhere.

Good luck with catching up on the Zeds, you're lucky it's a public holiday tomorrow (16th).

1 hour ago, cfcjim said:

Yup, I had to be in the office at 0600 SA time (0500 my time) this morning after watching too many hours of football and wondering why Messi isn't Messi for Argentina.

And wondering why Spain couldn't score and wondering what the France Germany game would be like. And more and more.

I am so damaged. Luckily I don't have to drive anywhere.

Good luck with catching up on the Zeds, you're lucky it's a public holiday tomorrow (16th).

Ha ha ha

You see how many chances Messi created yesterday.. I donno man..the guys are getting it on silver platters but they don't put it away.. Doesn't help that defending seems to be an afterthought with the Argentinian squad either.. ????????

I loved that Swedish approach yesterday.. Played to their strengths.. and secured a result.. As for Spain.. I donno I just kept wondering g if Laporte knows the National anthem ????

I see there is some in fighting in the French camp.. History shows us that that could be a disaster for them????

Edited by Gen

1 hour ago, cfcjim said:

This deserves more...

Spectacular hey. And not a flook either he knew exactly what he was doing. 

8 minutes ago, Gen said:

You see how many chances Messi created yesterday.. I donno man..the guys are getting it on silver platters but they don't put it away.. Doesn't help that defending seems to be an afterthought with the Argentinian squad either.. ????????

Yeah, the Chileans just shut up shop; the Argentines need to learn to do the same. Messi looked absolutely knackered at the end.

12 minutes ago, Gen said:

I loved that Swedish approach yesterday.. Played to their strengths.. and secured a result.. As for Spain.. I donno I just kept wondering g if Laporte knows the National anthem ????

It's true, the pragmatic Swedes doing what they do best. However I really wanted Spain to win (full disclosure: my Mum is Spanish Basque) but 200 passes in 10 minutes is often a hard watch.

Best nominative determinism for a while is Aymeric Laporte or Aymeric The Door in English. He is a defender after all...

11 minutes ago, cfcjim said:

Yeah, the Chileans just shut up shop; the Argentines need to learn to do the same. Messi looked absolutely knackered at the end.

It's true, the pragmatic Swedes doing what they do best. However I really wanted Spain to win (full disclosure: my Mum is Spanish Basque) but 200 passes in 10 minutes is often a hard watch.

Best nominative determinism for a while is Aymeric Laporte or Aymeric The Door in English. He is a defender after all...

Spain look to be in transition atm.. Don't think they'll get to the finals this time round.. Same as Italy..building for the future with eyes on WC next year?

Lekker game between France and Germany last night.. Good quality.. The French defence really does hold up well under pressure.. 

Such a risk playing a high line when Mbappé is on the field.. When he beats that offside trap it will be tickets... Masterclass from Pogba.. Kante just provides that cover needed for him to do his thing.. Special shout out to Griezmann who has such a high work rate.. Where ever he is needed he plays...at a stage right back last night..  The understanding between the French is just ????

I really felt for the Hungarians.. But you have got to play the full game.. Tired legs at the end. 

Didier Deschamps has organised an exceptional bunch of individual talents into a very pragmatic system.

Summed up by his caught on camera instruction "Boys, lets attack but not too much".

Made me laugh. Very enjoyable game.

The Portugal Hungary game. Well, that score flattered Portugal so much. I think the Hungarians had given up after the penalty which should never have been given.

????????

29th game unbeaten

10th straight clean sheet 

31 goals without reply 

Round of 16 secured

On to the next one we go. 

Only damn downside is Locatelli price just went up by 20m????.. We've managed to keep him a secret for a bit.. Now that is no longer the case.... Yes he is that good.. He has been playing so well for a while now.. Fantastic talent.  Love the kid. 

Screenshot_20210616_204242.jpg

20210616_225211.jpg

20210616_225223.jpg

Edited by Gen