Football

IceCreamMan

Off to the Saints vs Burnley game later. Being a Saints fan is always stressful to avoid the dreaded relegation come May. Many a Houdini act over the years.

Some good starts this weekend, thought Chelsea had a good win as did crystal palace, Wolves a good draw as the other newly promoted sides failed. Crystal palace played some good footie I thought, England should of kept Hodgson I reckon but alas.

Starting a lil tradition by going to the opening games at st Mary’s with my lads. It’s notmeasy to score tickets and we are members of the club but still sometimes we don’t get tickets to the games we want to go to. Must be nigh on impossible for fans of the big clubs unless you get a season ticket.

May it be a great season full of twists and turns and nail biting football....

Edited by IceCreamMan

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So how long before the Arsenal fans start chanting Wenger in[emoji6]

Watched some of the opening weekend games.

Had the tellie on for the Arsenal game.. damn city should have klapped them a lot more .. the game i streamed at the same time was much better far better quality.. Juve A vs Juve B..the traditional game before the start of the season next week, Dybala - Ronaldo partnership [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Edited by Gen

Unai is gonna be naai’d if it carries on like that. As to the saints burnley game they had some good chances but think we had better chances. Hart was excellent for em an salvaged the point. Suspect we in for a very tough season an would not surprise me if Hughes dies not make New Year’s Day.

Back in SA next week so I will catch up on the games. Just watched some BBC news and City look menacing as do Liverpool.

I have been a Geordie for nigh on 20 years now. Rough ride with the multiple relegations but I believe we have an excellent chance of sticking around in the league if we keep Rafa. If he leaves things will go tits up.

From what I hear we gave a good account of ourselves on opening day and were perhaps unlucky not to get a point.

I do worry though that there were loads of teams making significant investment while we counted the pennies falling out of Ashley pocket. Not that buying new players is a sure sign of a good season but we needed quality and quantity through the door. I think we got some quality, just not enough of it.

Howay the lads!

Edited by Big Phil

I can only dream of my team playing in the Premier League

Last year Birmingham City just managed to avoid relegation to League One.

The last time we did any good in the Premier League was in the 2009/10 season. The reason why was a very young Joe Hart.

I have been a Geordie for nigh on 20 years now. Rough ride with the multiple relegations but I believe we have an excellent chance of sticking around in the league if we keep Rafa. If he leaves things will go tits up.

Big if, on the keeping Rafa. The Fat Cockney Bastard promised every cent would be poured back into the club. Where is the TV money Mike? How are we having net gains in transfer windows Mike? ******* lacks ambition. Rafa is the only thing holding this Club together at the moment. If he leaves, Captain Fantastic will probably follow.

But hey, Joselu put one in the back of the net, so people can change. Hopefully Rafa receives some backing and pens a new one.

HWTL

Off to the Saints vs Burnley game later. Being a Saints fan is always stressful to avoid the dreaded relegation come May. Many a Houdini act over the years.

Yeah - they're going to have to improve a lot over last year to get not get relegated. 

I can only dream of my team playing in the Premier League

Last year Birmingham City just managed to avoid relegation to League One.

The last time we did any good in the Premier League was in the 2009/10 season. The reason why was a very young Joe Hart.

tough being a supporter of my team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiKtVQ0iMQM

Will make it back to the big league, eventually. so far we're 2 from 2

Wolves a good draw as the other newly promoted sides failed. Crystal palace played some good footie I thought,

No draw with Everton can be considered a good result under any circumstances. Ever.

England should of kept Hodgson I reckon but alas. 

No, just plain no, what have the English done to you?  :w00t:

So how long before the Arsenal fans start chanting Wenger in[emoji6]

Watched some of the opening weekend games.

Had the tellie on for the Arsenal game.. damn city should have klapped them a lot more .. the game i streamed at the same time was much better far better quality.. Juve A vs Juve B..the traditional game before the start of the season next week, Dybala - Ronaldo partnership [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Not going to happen, I've been begging for 12 years to axe him, so now I'm prepared to give the new manager a couple of seasons before making a judgement. Only the fickle will never truly be happy. 

Wolves a good draw as the other newly promoted sides failed. Crystal palace played some good footie I thought,

No draw with Everton can be considered a good result under any circumstances. Ever.

England should of kept Hodgson I reckon but alas.

No, just plain no, what have the English done to you? :w00t:

Haha. Until the Iceland game Hodgson had a great record. He is very good with limited resources aN palace played attractive football on the weekend.

But it’s a moot point.

Still ahead of Arsenal so that’s a plus and some good things to take away from Everton game. Ings when he came on last week made a difference to the game so good to see him score and hopefully the start of many. Ings btw was a Saints academy player. While on the subject Saints has been a breeding ground for many many top players. Pity we can’t hold onto them but it certainly shows some things are being done very very well.

Sadly I am flying today so can’t watch some of the big games later but gonna be a good day for football.

Not going to happen, I've been begging for 12 years to axe him, so now I'm prepared to give the new manager a couple of seasons before making a judgement. Only the fickle will never truly be happy.

Well I reckon ppl are scrutinizing unai closely now, if he lasts the season I will be surprised. Although to be fair both tough games I spose but the premiership ain’t for roses.

Not EPL but

Buffon played with Lillian Thuram against Geroge Weah during their time at Parma, the weekend Bluffon played with George Weah 's son against Thuram's son

also

Patrick Kluivert's son, Justin made his serie A debut for Roma yesterday.. damn that kid is good ..pint size, splitting image of his dad

Also Ronaldo made his debut for Juve.. ..had a really good debut..very unfortunate not to score a few goal, Chievo's keeper was fantastic until he collided with Ronaldo's leg and had to be strechered off the field..

Edited by Gen

My team bought nobody to set something of a weird benchmark, we did at least hold on to our key players, well so far at least...

Money obviously tight with the new stadium build, but it will be awesome when we finally get to move in. I can live with not signing players for this window, we've got a tight wage budget and a first 11 on par with the best teams in the world, so the bottom line is that it's very hard to find players who would honestly make it into our team on the wages we pay. Some more competition would have been nice, but with Winks, Wanyama, Lamela coming back into things and Moura starting to look settled, there aren't too many areas we're short.

The new stadium, once it's paid off will allow us to compete a lot more, just hope Kane/Poch and Co are still around to be apart of those days.

City and Liverpool looking brilliant, should be a closer contest for the league title this year... maybe my guys can put in a good shift too. Arsenal and Utd looking a little off the pace, but it's a long way to go

Well I reckon ppl are scrutinizing unai closely now, if he lasts the season I will be surprised. Although to be fair both tough games I spose but the premiership ain’t for roses.

I think Unai has a great vision for the team, but he will need to learn to adapt his vision with what he has to work with. I'm glad he took the pivotal step of subing Ozil as this will hopefully wake the players up. Too many make the starting team based on profile. 

With our American owner at the helm, i don't foresee Unai being axed this season unless we end up in a relegation battle. Our yank is in it for the money, not football trophies.