Sweatbands

HMB3

Hi, what is currently the best working head sweatbands, I sweat insane so was trying the race cap but don't work well .

Halo 2. Has a rubber bit that directs the sweat to the side of your face so it doesn’t run into your eyes/glasses

Do you know where they can be sourced locally? It's something I seriously need - have given up on wearing glasses alltogether at this stage because sweat just drips all over the lenses.

I think CWC had some at a stage.

There is a shop in Durban called Macete Electronics that sells them (think they might even be the importer).

Here’s their website, haven’t looked if you can order from it but you can get their contact details: http://www.macete.co.za

Do you know where they can be sourced locally? It's something I seriously need - have given up on wearing glasses alltogether at this stage because sweat just drips all over the lenses.

This Halo product is available at most Specialized Stores. I got my Halo at the Dunkeld store  

This Halo product is available at most Specialized Stores. I got my Halo at the Dunkeld store

Cool, thanks! Will pop by the Specialized store in Stellenbosch and see if they have them in stock.

I have searched high and low for the best option and so far for me Halo is best. Most of the time it prevents sweat running down your face and into your eyes or over your glasses, but on really humid days it gets saturated and requires a stop to wring it out. I've tried the velcro version, the tie on version and the slip on. For me the slip on works best. The tie on can work itself lose which isn't ideal. The rubber sweat channel bit does eventually part company with the band so the whole thing needs replacement every couple of years.

I'm keen to give one of these a go to see how good it is... anyone tried it?

https://www.takealot.com/compressport-cycling-headband/PLID41468384?colour_variant=Yellow

Edited by wolf1969

Halo headbands are great, I've also got the sweating problem and Halo is the answer. Bit expensive but a must have.

Yep Halo FTW!  :clap:

Ridiculously expensive for what they are, they work very well.

I use the tie version because the band version is too small/tight

Edited by splat

Sweat Gutr also works well. Take A Lot had them at one stage. Also expensive though.

I like the idea of it a bit more. I find anything with material stops sweat until it is saturated and then all that sweat pours onto your glasses. With Sweat Gutr it immediately channels sweat away as there is nothing to get saturated. And material get inevitably smelly - no matter how much it is washed.