King Price R1 Bike Insurance

Grease_Monkey

The 50k limit applies to the R1 deal. You can insure a bike of any amount with them, but then it's a policy on it's own.

I assumed it was on the R1 deal, but I'll check with him. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Took a while, like 3.5 weeks.

Sent their claims consultant to my house who asked me like a 100 questions, phoned guys I trained with, eye witnesses the works.

Long story short,no you have to fight for it, but if it's a legit claim they don't have a foot to stand on and have to pay out.

I'm ok with that, as long as they can sort out the legit from the bogus claims the honest guys will be rewarded

How do your excess compare on the vehicle insured?

Quite a cool offer from King Price, if you insure your car with them you can add a bicycle at a fee of R1. 

I just moved my car over and am paying roughly the same as I did with the old insurer, but obviously now I have the bike insured there too. I have my main bike insured with CycleSure - that's gonna stay there, have added the wife's bike to King Price policy as we could never swallow paying R400 a month additionally for her bike with the amount of use she gets from it. 

Something to consider for those paying a bunch for bike insurance every month. I have no idea how good they are with bicycle related claims, but the way I see it I can take the chance because it is a bike that wasn't insured to begin with.

DONOT INSURE YOUR BIKE OR CAR WITH THEM !

YOU'LL BE DEEPLY SORRY

This is not really helpful. 

We have been insured through them for a long time, and have not had any issues. My hubby had a recent incident where someone rode into the back of him on a highway, and King Price handled it beautifully. They are also not penalizing my husband in any way. We do however have comprehensive insurance, which is expensive. But you do get what you pay for. 

I am quite interested in looking at this but what happens when your bike is worth more than your car?

I am quite interested in looking at this but what happens when your bike is worth more than your car?

Hahaha pretty sure with the 50k limit on the bike most people are safe. But was wondering the same thing - my dad has a little Nissan NP200 base model he uses for odd jobs around the house, carting things around etc, about 8yrs old and pretty dinged up because of what he uses it for - would be surprised if he could get 50k for it.

I wonder what the reaction would be if he tried to insure that and then add his Spaz ebike as a R1 item :)

Hahaha pretty sure with the 50k limit on the bike most people are safe. But was wondering the same thing - my dad has a little Nissan NP200 base model he uses for odd jobs around the house, carting things around etc, about 8yrs old and pretty dinged up because of what he uses it for - would be surprised if he could get 50k for it.

I wonder what the reaction would be if he tried to insure that and then add his Spaz ebike as a R1 item :)

Maybe insure the bike and add the vehicle as a R1 item. :)

I tried to insure my motorbike with them and they were very expensive.. 

Double what Rob Deerham was charging me....  so that sucks

How big's your dads house that he rides his bakkie around in it ?

Can you elaborate please?

one friend they screwed over with a claim on his car 

other friend had the R1 deal and they didn't pay outcause he had A different handlebar on than what he said when first insuring the bike ( handle bar was worth less than original bar and claim was not related to handlebar in any way )

I've heard other stories as well but have no  way to confirm if they were legit or not 

I tried to insure my motorbike with them and they were very expensive.. 

Double what Rob Deerham was charging me....  so that sucks

mini hijack... Who's Rob Deerham? I'm looking for motorcycle insurance but not getting quotes from preferred partners because of requirements like needing household with them!

How big's your dads house that he rides his bakkie around in it ?

Haha I should've phrased that better. Uses the bakkie eg: to go pick up lumber/bricks for projects around the house. It was the bakkie he originally bought for my brother and myself while we were at varsity, once we graduated the bakkie served more purpose for him than selling it.