Saddle Help

thebob

Hi All

Have a new Scott Spark 940 on the way. I've ridden a couple of them and love the bike except for the Syncross undercarriage DESTROYER! I'm looking to get some advice on a new, more comfy saddle to replace it. Also to find out of there is a dealer or bike fit place in JHB who can get me fitted up properly so I don't end up buying an even worse undercarriage mangler!

Spez Power is always good, but I've moved over to the Ride Farr saddle and love it.  Have it on road and MTB bikes.  Fits me well.  Also fits my pocket better than the Spez Power.

Specialized Power saddle.

My friend uses one on his Scale 910.

Very happy with it.

I've heard good things about the power saddle until one exploded.

On a serious note, just following this fred, also looking at a new saddle.

I ride a roadie but I swear by my ISM. 

Get fitted with Marc Price at Troisport. He is an avid MTBer and Roadie too, and best in the business. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well I had lots of problems with saddles (road). Causing saddle sores and agonising to ride. I then went to a wider saddle and my choice was the Fabric Scoop 143mm. After that did a couple of long rides including the Maluti dbl90. No more problems.  

Fizik always good. I use the Antares R1 Large. Selle San Marco has a new shortfit saddle out as well similiar to Spez.

Well I had lots of problems with saddles (road). Causing saddle sores and agonising to ride. I then went to a wider saddle and my choice was the Fabric Scoop 143mm. After that did a couple of long rides including the Maluti dbl90. No more problems.  

I was taking a serious beating front and back and then bought a cannondale slate which came with the Scoop 143 - I didn't keep the slate but I kept the saddle and have it on my other bikes too.