[Event] Masgcor Cederberg100Miler 1-day Race

Gravel Travel Events

Okes, just want to confirm, does the 2 day trek follow the same route as the one day ?

From the maps it looks kinda like an out and back ride along the same route?

out & back, turn around at the half way mark. Pretty much like To Hell & Back but it is in no way the same boring route ridden in reverse.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder for those considering, this years route is not Gravel Bike friendly.

Noted! Just had a chuckle thinking back to Yzerfontein where the Savages tricked you into riding your gravel rig. 

Think I remember somebody saying that the 2nd climb/pass of the day was extremely rocky, and the area is notorious for it's corrugated roads.  

If my ask,  Why?  

In addition to Rouxenator's reply, its a different route to the previous 2 years. In the past it was from Clanwilliam to Ceres. Now it starts & end from Clanwilliam i.e.out & back.

Noted! Just had a chuckle thinking back to Yzerfontein where the Savages tricked you into riding your gravel rig. 

Think I remember somebody saying that the 2nd climb/pass of the day was extremely rocky, and the area is notorious for it's corrugated roads.  

Hahaha nobody tricked me it was my own doing. Was ok until my Rear Derailleur gave in on me. I regretted not turning back to the finish that day.

If my ask,  Why?  

If my ask,  Why?  

We just tested riding the Heuningvlei section of the Race route this morning. It is definitely not suitable for a gravel bike :eek: . Extremely rocky and sandy in patches :devil: . This stretch is about 10km. BUT the most scenic 10km you will ever find on a bike! :thumbup:  :thumbup:

post-12757-0-75233300-1552146937_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, has anyone ridden this on a gravel bike?

the previous editions was doable on a gravel bike but not this years edition. Please see explainations in earlier posts above.

Getting closer.

Same nervous exitement as previous years. The new 160km route adds a new dimension, but the organizers never disappoint. Love this event.