216 members have voted

1. 1. What size bike do you ride?

• XS (Extra Small)
    • S (Small)
    • M (Medium)
    • L (Large)
    • XL (Extra Large)

Hi!

I've had my XL 2018 Trance in the classifieds (in and out of BikeHub) for a good couple of months already with very few nibbles and zero bites, which has made me wonder: Am I the only one riding an XL bike? I can't have a poll on height as well as bike size, but I'd be interested to get an idea of what size bike people ride for their height? Are tall people opting for Large bikes instead of Extra Large ones for the sake of future sell-ability?

Let me know!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1.76m on a large frame, tried a medium and it felt very cramped.

haha, and Im 1.77 and ride either Small or Med, depending on geometry.

Medium or large. Mostly based on geo and reach of specific model. A lot of bikes are being designed with very low start over heights now so you can move between sizes depending on what your fit / preferences are. 

Hi!

I've had my XL 2018 Trance in the classifieds (in and out of BikeHub) for a good couple of months already with very few nibbles and zero bites, which has made me wonder: Am I the only one riding an XL bike? I can't have a poll on height as well as bike size, but I'd be interested to get an idea of what size bike people ride for their height? Are tall people opting for Large bikes instead of Extra Large ones for the sake of future sell-ability?

Let me know!

I am an XL.Alu with some fairly ordinary components plus 650b,yes you are going to struggle.The taller people want 29ers .

Ride an XL and battled with selling my previous bike (also an XL)...until I dropped my price to being a steal. If you're selling second hand I've come to realise it's because you're doing just that, selling, and not because you're using the funds to sponsor the next project. The second hand market is not a place to try make money or recoup funds, imo at least. 

54cm Roadie (Felt F95)

Medium MTB (Giant XTC 29)

was on mid line between the S and M, but didn't like the way the seatpost needed to extend on the S

191, XL in everything, except my jump bike... that thing is just awkwardly tiny.

My experience with XL in the classifieds is that things take a while to sell, and there's a very small selection of frames/bikes in the size I want.