Garmin pay

eibmoZ

After initially "out of the box" not being able to setup Garmin Pay with any of my ABSA Cards, I did a Software update via Garmin Express to the watch unit itself. Today I've tried adding it again & Bobs Your Uncle, Success!!! Not exactly sure if that is what did the trick or someone on Absa's side after I logged a call which they promptly closed with; (no regard for whether my issue was resolved or not)

"Dear Malcolm 

Thank you for your email. 

Please be advised that your Absa account may be linked to most online platforms/ applications. 

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to email us on absa@absa.co.za

Kind regards"

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since social distancing measure were implemented here in Dubai only NFC type payments have been accepted. So Apple/Samsung Pay, Garmin Pay, Tap Card etc. There’s been a huge campaign to not hand over cash or cards.

If you slip a AED100 note over the cashier you should see the look you get. They stare at you while they put on a latex glove. Like you about to get a prostate exam!

Contactless and never out of your possession. Should be the standard in the tech world we live in now.

When did Absa start supporting Garmin Pay? I'm in the process of moving away because they didn't.

Don’t know but based on these T&C’s And the fact you can link the cards tells me Probably a while now.

I’m yet to use it to see if it works or not.

post-3951-0-72403600-1607885406_thumb.pngpost-3951-0-21027900-1607885436_thumb.png

I always have my phone with me and use snapscan or zapper often .Tried the Garmin ,but could not get it working .Will try with Investec card again

Have a vivoactive (linked to investec) and works amazing.  If you can tap you can use your Garmin to pay.  And if it is above a certain amount you still need to punch in your PIN on the card device.

Have a vivoactive (linked to investec) and works amazing.  If you can tap you can use your Garmin to pay.  And if it is above a certain amount you still need to punch in your PIN on the card device.

Sucks that the limit is R200 but then again I can understand for safety reasons why. Not sure if it is true but I saw a video making it's rounds on Social Media, where fraudsters assuming they can see your wallet in your pocket trousers, brush up against you with a hidden device reader & basically tapping your account dry. 

I've used my Garmin pay for payments of less than R1000. Yesterday I tried to tap a R10 000 but the machine rejected and wanted me to insert a card, I'm not sure if it was their machine or the limit on Garmin pay.

I've used my Garmin pay for payments of less than R1000. Yesterday I tried to tap a R10 000 but the machine rejected and wanted me to insert a card, I'm not sure if it was their machine or the limit on Garmin pay.

I have done a few payments over R2 000 with Garmin Pay.  :thumbup:

Sucks that the limit is R200 but then again I can understand for safety reasons why. Not sure if it is true but I saw a video making it's rounds on Social Media, where fraudsters assuming they can see your wallet in your pocket trousers, brush up against you with a hidden device reader & basically tapping your account dry.

I will test it next time again but as far as I have found it only allows a tap if you are on the tap screen and not when on another one. But I am comfortable that I can be corrected.

I have done a few payments over R2 000 with Garmin Pay.  :thumbup:

I did a R3k one yesterday. The terminal requested a pin for this one. No biggy...

What I found at Checkers on Sunday, was a no-tap policy for transactions over R400.

You could not tap your card or Garmin to complete the transaction.

Obviously nothing to do with Garmin Pay or Bank limitations/restrictions and a policy implemented by the store.

I suspect the limitations around values could be a combination of Garmin Pay "rules", bank specific "rules" and also vendor/shop card machine allowances/limits/rules.

• 2 months later...

WOW !!

How quickly do we get used to new technology ....  :whistling:

Got my new bank card, took a day or two to get it set up at FNB.

OUCH .... was weird actually carrying a wallet ....  :eek:

Took seconds to link the new card to Garmin, walked into a shop and it WORKED.

I've been using FNB virtual credit card on my phone. Tap my phone and it works like a dream!

The CCV number changes every hour and you can delete and create new cards at will which is great for online shopping.