Bestmed Cycle4Cansa Road Championship 2018

s14phoenix

Hi All,

Anyone have info on the road conditions and general weather and wind at this event?

Did not see anything posted and the event is this weekend.

Who is going?

Weather looks a lot warmer than last year and very little wind. Forecast to be min 14 max 30. Slight headwind second half of the race.

Not sure of road conditions. Raced the last stretch in RTTS a couple weeks ago. This has been re tarred. Not sure about the rest of the road.

:thumbup:

Hi All,

Anyone have info on the road conditions and general weather and wind at this event?

Did not see anything posted and the event is this weekend.

Who is going?

I am there... Driving Sunday early morning. Should be a fast race if you are in a medium to Large bunch. You definitely don't want to be alone in 2nd half of the race. Last year i started fading after the 70km mark and got dropped by 2 groups and had to work hard for the next 10km. Looking for a more consistent overall ride this time around....Can't wait to hear "Give me chocolate" :D  :D

The wind was pumping, but overall a good day out. From what I can tell the groups were nervous but the pace was higher than last year.

Still an enjoyable race, will be back next year.

As always, Sun City race a goodie..... in general roads are good(love the last stretch to finish).... just those first few km's road not the best...… Not sure about the finish with that tight right hand turn..... think that needs to be looked at, considering the speed the bunches enter there for the sprint finish. Will be back!

As always, Sun City race a goodie..... in general roads are good(love the last stretch to finish).... just those first few km's road not the best...… Not sure about the finish with that tight right hand turn..... think that needs to be looked at, considering the speed the bunches enter there for the sprint finish. Will be back!

Agreed, that was a bit sketchy to say the least, especially with everyone trying to push to the front. Luckily we all made it through safely

I started with the BL group and my bike was making a klak!klak!klak sound on the back wheel from start to finish. It irritated the S*&t out of my fellow riders :drool: . I discovered at the finishline that it was the derailuer cable that was touching my wheel, luckily no damage caused. I was happy to finish with the group.

• 11 months later...