Breaking News: Cycle Lab Acquires Chris Willemse Cycles

fanievb

If you are a true fan of Oom Chris and CWC then rather show your support, thank them for the years of service and wish them luck. Instead of these selfish tantrums about not liking their CL acquisition.

I promise you, the Oom handing over his life’s work is a lot harder on him than it is on you. Jeezuz, can we not just be happy for somebody without thinking how we are being victimised?

Don't worry, first sale and all will be forgotten.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok my 2c:

1. Mergers and acquisitions are drawn out transactions that takes years to conclude. Rumors about the merger/ acquisition has been doing the rounds since early 2016, so it is clearly a very well structured deal.

2. You can be sure that the current management team would be under huge pressure to maintain sales volumes and GP margins. It will be part of the deal and the bulk of the cash / shares (often shares are part of the deal to lock the management team in further) will flow anything from 2 to 5 years from now, so for the Willemses to now take their foot off the gas would be incredibly stupid. Expect much more of the same in terms of pricing and service.

3. I doubt there are much left of the CL contingent that was implicated in the whole price fixing scandal (is Mighty Mouse still actively involved at CL?), so those who are still upset about this need to now relax please.

4. Expect a possible backward acquisition of Coolheat by Morecorp in the next couple of months. This may well need competition commission clearance, so it may take a bit of time. For me this is the next move for Morecorp to grow their market share in the Cycling industry.

12 pages of crying and whining...

Nothing beats the speculators and armchair experts on the Hub, can't wait for the Argus thread to start so we can start speculating about the wind, the goodie bags, the start location, how the race should be run in May for less wind and that the organisers will do nothing about the protestors and fires again this year 

And people crying and whining about the people crying and whining about the crying and whining...

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You just made my day

And people crying and whining about the people crying and whining about the crying and whining...

Posts like these do not contribute to the discussion and actually has nothing to do with the CL buyout of CWC.

Posts like these do not contribute to the discussion and actually has nothing to do with the CL buyout of CWC.

To be fair, we have been discussing it for 2 days now and it is Friday. What exactly would we like to achieve with this discussion? I presume that CWC and CL have a plan in place and we all will have to wait and see what will happen. 

Yes Dirki. Sorry Dirki. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings Dirki. 

Congrats oom Chris - you worked hard to build a brand and now you can enjoy the fruits of your labor.

We can all choose to support CL or boycott it or do whatever we can to source the items we need, fair enough. But be true to yourself - just like the SPUR boycott. When you so bravely state you will NEVER support CL or CWC again, because of a sound business choice on their part, stick to it. Don'y put your request and "ag please oom" on the next CWC sale.

To oom Chris and his entire CWC team - go and celebrate! you deserve it.

You peaked my curiosity and I bit!

Happy to see the participation and links from CWC side, in spite of anything said.

Just received the discount code sms from yesterday's promotion post. That is literally all it is- its a code that I have to go to the shop for to find out what it is, so useless in other words, in case anyone else wants to avoid it or want the code.

Yes Dirki. Sorry Dirki. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings Dirki. 

?

Congrats oom Chris - you worked hard to build a brand and now you can enjoy the fruits of your labor.

We can all choose to support CL or boycott it or do whatever we can to source the items we need, fair enough. But be true to yourself - just like the SPUR boycott. When you so bravely state you will NEVER support CL or CWC again, because of a sound business choice on their part, stick to it. Don'y put your request and "ag please oom" on the next CWC sale.

To oom Chris and his entire CWC team - go and celebrate! you deserve it.

Agreed on the hypocritical part. Don't say you won't buy from CWC EVER agan, then go and buy a set of GP4000SII when they on a leka special for Black Friday.

Just got my code. Here are the terms:

LUV CWC Campaign - Terms & Conditions

Redeemable at Chris Willemse Cycles in Tyger Valley and any Cycle Lab nationwide

Not redeemable on cyclelab.com or cwcycles.co.za websites

The campaign includes any customer who has sent an SMS 'LUV CWC' to 49020 before 26th August 23:59.

Mystery discount code will be sent at 10AM the following day in most instances.

Mystery discount code expires close of business 2 September 2018

Mystery discount code is only redeemable at checkout.

Mystery discount value will only reflect at checkout.

Mystery discount will not apply to items added to purchase after discount value revealed, any items added to purchase after discount has been revealed will need to be purchased at full price.

Mystery discount codes are not applicable to quotes generated and if activated are nullified and cancelled against any future transactions.

Mystery discount codes are not valid if the value is known before tendering ie - point of sale quote, point of sale tender lookup etc if value on code is known to the customer.

One mystery discount per transaction, no split transactions allowed.

If the value of the mystery discount code is not used in full on purchase, the balance will be forfeited.

So if I want new shoes, I could only get R100 off OR I could get them basically for free if I get the R1000 off.

Are referencing your post as well in that statement? Oh, you'll have to add this one to that long list as well. :)