Venge S-WORKS 2019 Build

waynen

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have owned both CLX 60 and now CLX 50 wheels.

the CLX60's were fast but i found them slow to respond with the additional weight.

the difference in feel and response between them and my new CLX50's is unreal.

you will be super happy with the CLX 50's - they live up to the reputation of "unicorn wheels"

i have owned both CLX 60 and now CLX 50 wheels.

the CLX60's were fast but i found them slow to respond with the additional weight.

the difference in feel and response between them and my new CLX50's is unreal.

you will be super happy with the CLX 50's - they live up to the reputation of "unicorn wheels"

Good to know i must be honest i was 80% sure but you have just confirmed in real experience what i had read. Peter Sagan after all also choses the CLX50 for his new Venge as well

Good to know i must be honest i was 80% sure but you have just confirmed in real experience what i had read. Peter Sagan after all also choses the CLX50 for his new Venge as well

you wont be upset.

they really are great wheels.

your next stress is whether you run them with the beautifully installed rim tap or pull that out and use the supplied plastic nipple hole plugs. saves 40g i believe...

you wont be upset.

they really are great wheels.

your next stress is whether you run them with the beautifully installed rim tap or pull that out and use the supplied plastic nipple hole plugs. saves 40g i believe...

40g for free rim tape is history

Hey Furbz

Fantastic just what I wanted to see thanks mate. Gave me an idea as well I will get a scale and weigh every component and post prior to the build. It will be interesting to see if the sum of the parts equals the whole at the end. Just btw why don't you run timeless?

Hey Furbz

Fantastic just what I wanted to see thanks mate. Gave me an idea as well I will get a scale and weigh every component and post prior to the build. It will be interesting to see if the sum of the parts equals the whole at the end. Just btw why don't you run timeless?

funny you should ask.

1. i have a store of normal tires to get through first.

2. i actually have a set of Deda SL38C wheels fitted with some tubeless tires. its still very early days(200km ridden) but so far so good. they do without loose air faster, so they need a pump up once a week.

3. have you seen the price! double the cost to run.

Edited by Furbz

funny you should ask.

1. i have a store of normal tires to get through first.

2. i actually have a set of Deda SL38C wheels fitted with some tubeless tires. its still very early days(200km ridden) but so far so good. they do without loose air faster, so they need a pump up once a week.

3. have you seen the price! double the cost to run.

Tubeless tyres are very expensive in RSA because I guess the market here is still hesitant to go this route. You can get Schwalbe Pro One Evo for about 30 Euro’s in Europe so you should go that route (in RSA they are R1,000 on “sale”)

• 2 weeks later...