[Event] Trans Baviaans Race

Seamus Allardice

Team 297.

2 Rooster Cookies, sweetees, 2 worsies and 2 sosaties, cup of soup + bread, 2 x slap chip rolls, 2 x jaffles (only reason I do the trans) and then lot's of beer and spur burger. Time ???...who cares, just enjoy.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

399-1 will tell the laaities at the finish to keep the beers chilled...

Last yr same wind, all I can say:"Kaptein span die seile "want jy gaan loop soos n Jet!!

I'll be doing a family ride with Tyron this weekend so won't be holding on to you guys this time round... we all know the real race is actually next weekend when milky and I will give it a go  :ph34r:

Hope the corrugations on first 80km are not as bad as it was 2 years back.  I believe last year they graded the road prior to the event?  hope its the same for this Saturday.

Hope the corrugations on first 80km are not as bad as it was 2 years back.  I believe last year they graded the road prior to the event?  hope its the same for this Saturday.

I heard stories... I am taking my dual  :clap:

I'll be doing a family ride with Tyron this weekend so won't be holding on to you guys this time round... we all know the real race is actually next weekend when milky and I will give it a go  :ph34r:

Pitty,you guys are not there...mmmhhh bummed, I was hoping for a slip....could have teamed up lekker.

@ shadowchaser-d , There is corrugation?  :eek:  joking. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:    

Pitty,you guys are not there...mmmhhh bummed, I was hoping for a slip....could have teamed up lekker.

@ shadowchaser-d , There is corrugation?  :eek:  joking. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:    

Next time... Come join us on the Repeat  :ph34r:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

2012 my first TB and in that my partner bailed at CP4 Bergplaas with respiratory issues and I decided to go it alone which was a painful exercise with a team that adopted me. It was a looooong night out! 

2013 my second TB with my brother-inlaw who developed some serious gastro issues in the days leading up to the event and was courageous to still join me on the start line nevertheless. At CP3 the gastro issue which kept him 'busy' ultimately ended his race. I went on to finish another solo and thinking this was the last out of frustration. (But these solo finishes also planted the seed of other ultra distant events of which I have taken part in and succeeded - but of course they were solo events)

Now 2019 after thinking my TB participation was jinxed all the years, I have decided to give it another go. With a month of flu behind me, I have made the recovery but will most certainly be riding and not racing, and maybe more or less playing tour guide to my rookie partner and when we get to the finish, my partner will be ecstatic for a finish and I'll be jumping up and down just because I have a partner who finishes with me!! - all going well! :clap:

Good luck to all. See you on the other side   :thumbup:

2012 my first TB and in that my partner bailed at CP4 Bergplaas with respiratory issues and I decided to go it alone which was a painful exercise with a team that adopted me. It was a looooong night out! 

2013 my second TB with my brother-inlaw who developed some serious gastro issues in the days leading up to the event and was courageous to still join me on the start line nevertheless. At CP3 the gastro issue which kept him 'busy' ultimately ended his race. I went on to finish another solo and thinking this was the last out of frustration. (But these solo finishes also planted the seed of other ultra distant events of which I have taken part in and succeeded - but of course they were solo events)

Now 2019 after thinking my TB participation was jinxed all the years, I have decided to give it another go. With a month of flu behind me, I have made the recovery but will most certainly be riding and not racing, and maybe more or less playing tour guide to my rookie partner and when we get to the finish, my partner will be ecstatic for a finish and I'll be jumping up and down just because I have a partner who finishes with me!! - all going well! :clap:

Good luck to all. See you on the other side   :thumbup:

What a badass! We've also had a bit of rough luck in the final weeks before the race. We have a 4 person inland team and a 4 person coastal team, all in the same kit and riding as a group.

In the last two week the inland team have been taking shots. We have our strongest rider not starting due to a nasty fall and subsequent rib injury two weekends ago. My brother in law still has a serious case of the flu to deal with and I've had a cold, now turned into a never-ending sinus infection, since last Monday.

Needless to say, our aim has gone from trying to do a sub-14 to being happy to just get to the start line and hopefully make it to the end!

Spoke to the guys and Bike and Brew and was advised that the road is in really bad condition (washed away and corrugated) until you exit the reserve! Please do not take my word as gospel, but this is what I was told. My first TB, so I guess I'll take it as it comes!

Anyone else have feedback on the road conditions?

We heard the same as Amelis from the tannie at the Willowmore Rolbalklub.

post-119556-0-47962400-1565181063_thumb.jpeg

Edited by JohanDiv

Ag K@K sak! I'm not keen on a corrugation for 227km  :(

We heard the same as Amelis from the tannie at the Willowmore Rolbalklub.