[Event] Trans Baviaans Race

Seamus Allardice

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't done TB before, but looking at the map, surely before CP4

Which side of checkpoint 4 are most of the water crossings?

Which side of checkpoint 4 are most of the water crossings?

The bulk .... 95% before CP4. There will be the odd causeway to cross which should be dry thereafter or just a trickle...

Anyone else have feedback on the road conditions?

So, we got this mail from the tannie we're staying at in Willowmore. In Afrikaans... essentially just saying it's not looking pretty...

post-7796-0-35019000-1565255003_thumb.jpg

Doing number 5! Looking forward to a good one, around 12 hours.

So, we got this mail from the tannie we're staying at in Willowmore. In Afrikaans... essentially just saying it's not looking pretty...

attachicon.gifBav 2019 Road Cs.JPG

Pitty I was thinking of taking my road bike :clap:  :clap:

attachicon.gifBav 2019 Road Cs.JPG

If this is the case then we should be in for a interesting couple of weekends of riding. 

All the best and ride safe!

Im not going to cry about the road surface. Rather just HTFU and take it.

You see, once I have finished crying about the road surface and I go and have a look, the road is going to look exactly the same as it did before I started crying about it.

I dont waste energy on things that I cannot change. If the surface is shite or the wind blows or it rains , I can do absolutely eff all about it.

So what the hell. Head down and take it cupcake.

Edited by Vetseun

First one under the belt. Stuck to a very, very easy pace at the start but we had a teammate that was a bit underprepared and started cramping hard before baviaans back. Tha, along with one who took a nasty topple over and one that had just had enough we were down to 3 from Bergplaas onwards.

Had one stupid topple over into the veld, and was soaked in Langwater right at the end. Made it all the way through only to hit the final kerb head on and fall over like a flopping fish. Gulped down a delicious mouthful of water. Considering that was already 1830 ish I was happy it wasn't too cold.

Can't wait to ride it again, amazing experience!