[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to get the communities insight on my allocated seeding for the CTCT. This is my first ever road race, I’ve done many MTB some stage some day only. I’m a keen cyclist over a many a years and over the last 4-5 months been commuting 30kms a day 4days a week on a fixie.

I’ve been seeded at 5K, generally speaking what is the skill setbof this bunch? Do i need to try and squeeze in the last seeding?

Feedback appreciated.

Edited by jackoekoe

Was hoping for a $ start but got put in &. I saw you mentioned your index was below one so I checked your start group and you're "&" too. How low of an index do you need to get to be over 30 and to start in $??

There is nobody in $, yet.

Would love to get the communities insight on my allocated seeding for the CTCT. This is my first ever road race, I’ve done many MTB some stage some day only. I’m a keen cyclist over a many a years and over the last 4-5 months been commuting 30kms a day 4days a week on a fixie.

I’ve been seeded at 5K, generally speaking what is the skill setbof this bunch? Do i need to try and squeeze in the last seeding?

Feedback appreciated.

5K are the rock up and ride riders. Everyone on their own. Good way to do first Argus, enjoy!

Ah I forgot... time for the annual "I have this amazing seeding but had no idea how it happened, I'm gonna die!!!" tradition to start.

Friendly request - if you are seeded in the racing group you worked for it and deserve it, don't pretend to be surprised because I won't believe you.  :P

Also time for the annual: "I'm seeded in [insert group here], what's my chances of making a Sub 3?"

Also time for the annual: "I'm seeded in [insert group here], what's my chances of making a Sub 3?"

I've come within 5 minutes of 3 hours, and was not disappointed at all. That is because I am not pushing for a sub 3. Easy way to avoid disappointment. Same can be said for a sub 4 K2C. 

If it happens, it happens - if not, meh, everything is a fun ride if you are brave enough.

I know this is a bit of cliché, but how did my 5:45 One Tonner bag me 1B?  :blink:

Edited by Rouxenator

No I didn't, fact.  Next fact, if I have an amazing day and the wind doesn't blow which it obviously won't in my experience of 1 CTCT, I will roll my 95 kilos through in 345 at best  - Is this commensurate with my seeding ?- If so I stand corrected and I deserve my seeding.  I'm not one who said I did cr@p in an exam and then aced it.  By the way, I checked and my seeding came off a 50km Mtb race, one of the 3 events I rode in 2018.  I won't start with my group because I will be a hazard.  I'm sorry your view of the world is so cynical

Relax man, sheesh, he was making an observation on the general trend that repeats itself every year. See my comment below. Same thing. Next we will hear the bitching about having to trek to the expo and how its a waste of time bla bla bla. No need to get your mammaries in a twist.

Edited by Jase619

See you at 06:50. I apologise in advance for wheel sucking.....

No Problem we will take turns...if weather is good then sub 3 is on cards!!

Ja... especially the way you have to be herded past every single stand before you can escape.

Although this year I might just buy myself a little something.

Relax man, sheesh, he was making an observation on the general trend that repeats itself every year. See my comment below. Same thing. Next we will hear the bitching about having to trek to the expo and how its a waste of time bla bla bla. No need to get your mammaries in a twist.

I've come within 5 minutes of 3 hours, and was not disappointed at all. That is because I am not pushing for a sub 3. Easy way to avoid disappointment. Same can be said for a sub 4 K2C.

If it happens, it happens - if not, meh, everything is a fun ride if you are brave enough.

I know this is a bit of cliché, but how did my 5:45 One Tonner bag me 1B? :blink:

One tonner has bigger weighting and that's a good time...and you a PPA.mem er bumped up 3 groups just because!

2C, down from 1H last year.

Probably to be expected, if the last race you did was the 2018 CTCT. :whistling:

Dont worry you will catch us[emoji28]

One tonner has bigger weighting and that's a good time...and you a PPA.mem er bumped up 3 groups just because!

Thanks, that explains it. 

Probably does not count in my favour that One tonner was the last time I was on the road bike  :blush: