[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

Accuweather has been pretty much spot on for the last 2years. If it is indeed SW at 11km/hr it's going to be pretty hard to get those sub 3's outside of the top 750. A SW wind blows into your face for 90% of the course. No shelter on chappies or suikerbossie.

It will create a fast start to hospital bend after that its in your face till ocean View.

I would prefer a SE!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the DJRs got his starting time, the rest of us are still in the dark (not just Escom dark)

Has anyone managed to confirm whether Sunday's Sportif can change your seeding (or not), given that race numbers and groups have already been allocated this week?

Has anyone managed to confirm whether Sunday's Sportif can change your seeding (or not), given that race numbers and groups have already been allocated this week?

From my understanding is that it does not. Seedings are out already. If however you belong to PPA and entered the Tour da PPA ( before 13 Feb) then you would have been bumped up 2 places in CTCT race. Hope that explains it for you[emoji6]

Accuweather has been pretty much spot on for the last 2years. If it is indeed SW at 11km/hr it's going to be pretty hard to get those sub 3's outside of the top 750. A SW wind blows into your face for 90% of the course. No shelter on chappies or suikerbossie.

It will create a fast start to hospital bend after that its in your face till ocean View.

I would prefer a SE!

11 that's almost nothing, will take it any day of the week

From my understanding is that it does not. Seedings are out already. If however you belong to PPA and entered the Tour da PPA ( before 13 Feb) then you would have been bumped up 2 places in CTCT race. Hope that explains it for you[emoji6]

Thanks

Bugger - I only entered today (as a PPA member).  Silly me.

Not officially. But if you ride a good time this weekend and you go visit the racetec desk at registration I am sure you can be bumped up a group or 2. Certainly worth a try