[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

Arrived in CT last night.

The weather is foul. Blowing up a gail.

Thoughts about riding this am have quickly evaporated - I'm in bed still drinking a second cup of coffee contemplating my next move

What.! This is what Capetonians call a perfect morning for a ride.

You're missing out. Finish that coffee and go for a spin. :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrived in CT last night.

The weather is foul. Blowing up a gail.

Thoughts about riding this am have quickly evaporated - I'm in bed still drinking a second cup of coffee contemplating my next move

Loads of okes on the road between Camps and HB. Get out there it's still better than a day behind a laptop.

Can't wait to see the < 70kg noodle cyclists hitting the brick wall in Westlake to Smits.  :ph34r:  

Maybe a day for us beefy riders to shine!

Ya man you guys must pull hard up front for us light riders...

Very bad news for me, I'll be sitting out this year.

Had a nasty crash last weekend and broke part of my scapula. Already had surgery to put it together, but no riding for 8 weeks. I've decided to not get depressed about it because it was close enough that both D and I are happy that we are around at all, thanks to a very sharp driver who managed to swerve incredibly quickly to avoid us as we fell in front of him. D is ok and will still ride come Sunday as part of a reduced team DJR. Both bikes are fine but Red Riding Hood needs some tlc and D needs a new saddle.  

Get up on Sun morning and look out the window or go outside.

Any forecast before then likely to unreliable, and even doing that you could still get it wrong. LOL

This is Cape Town after all. :)

well said ... this is Cape Town after all .. all 4 seasons at the same time in different parts of the peninsula  .... 

well said ... this is Cape Town after all .. all 4 seasons at the same time in different parts of the peninsula  .... 

I have been in CT now for 23 years. When the HH mountains looks like they are today, we are in for a few days of strong SE. You can take that to the bank.

As long as these snowflakes don't cancel the race, I will ride it. Come hell or high water. If they cancel it, it will be the last they see me.

Very bad news for me, I'll be sitting out this year.

Had a nasty crash last weekend and broke part of my scapula. Already had surgery to put it together, but no riding for 8 weeks. I've decided to not get depressed about it because it was close enough that both D and I are happy that we are around at all, thanks to a very sharp driver who managed to swerve incredibly quickly to avoid us as we fell in front of him. D is ok and will still ride come Sunday as part of a reduced team DJR. Both bikes are fine but Red Riding Hood needs some tlc and D needs a new saddle.  

Sterkte!!!!!!!!! You'll be back ....

That decision seems to be out of the hands of the organisers though - if there is even a wiff of risk on public safety people from the municipality are compelled to take a decision.

Also, most of the field that seem to be talking here will be done by 09-10am, the majority of those that are likely to face the grunt of the windy conditions as they "mature" are probably far less equiped to handle being blown from pillar to post - if this leads to falls the risk and potential strain on emergency services is a lot bigger than all the ego in this thread.

I have been in CT now for 23 years. When the HH mountains looks like they are today, we are in for a few days of strong SE. You can take that to the bank.

As long as these snowflakes don't cancel the race, I will ride it. Come hell or high water. If they cancel it, it will be the last they see me.

Quick question as it is my first and my first with the chip.

I have an alu mtb. They say not to put the chip on the fork. Is it ok to put it on the velcro of my shoe though? That ankle strap seems like it will irritate me

I have an alu mtb. They say not to put the chip on the fork. Is it ok to put it on the velcro of my shoe though? That ankle strap seems like it will irritate me

Yes, I have been riding with my chip that way for the past 7 years. No problem. Just thread one of those velcro straps through the slot and leave it there forever. You can even wash the shoe with it on. Also, lessens the chance of you forgetting your chip at home. Even if you switch bikes.

Edited by Moridin

I have been just attaching it to my shoe, and never had a problem, I just push one of the shoe straps through the hole and it is attached.