Chris Snr - CWC/CYCLELAB

Chris Willemse

I personally and not a CL fan, this based on the not to great service from when they were in CT.

Trusting the CWC blood moving over to CL will get them on the straight and narrow.

I am also one of those not excited about the move, but it is not my business, and also not "my business".

Best wishes with the new venture.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again Oom Chris steps up and gets involved. Fair comments and the willingness to engage with cyclists shows where his heart lies. If I was CWC and I worked hard to build a business and someone makes an offer-I see no harm in what CWC has done. Think about the likes of the Tech Industry for companies sell for big amounts-I see no harm in that . 

What really got me was when that video started making the rounds with-making us believe we now have to drink the CL Kool Aid. It was like the choir girl marrying the naughty boy-its doesn,t fit and that to me is the thing-It's square peg-round hole stuff. I don,t buy the CL Propaganda.

CWC had real specials and engaged with the community-we asked and we got our specials and it was stuff we wanted -not some overstocked crap that is now being flogged under a lot of marketing hype. 

Once again-Oom Chris is a Rockstar in my book-CL needs to look  at their brand equity vs CWC.   

I was vocal about my disapproval on the FB post.

As has been mentioned above that CWC will need to buy from the agents which add cost and zero value.

Gone are the days of getting good prices because now all has to be bought through the agents.

I guess we'll soon see how quick CL destroys this great business model you had Oom Chris.

Theres a reason I bought my stuff from you in Cape Town when the CL Mega Store is only 5 minutes away from home in Fourways.

If CWC was not a great store there would be no negativity. Well done making CWC great. Business is business and I think everybody understands this. It just seems like its an end of an era where the customer was king.

Truth! Just had a thought, our reactions are like the Kubler-Ross model on the stages of grief. I hope that when we get to the Bargaining phase-it means real Bargains or we might sink into Depression. 

Just got back from Cyclelab and what a pleasure. Got greeted at the door, picked up their Big Sale pamphlet and looked around, their Silverback Spectra with XT derailer 2x10 with tubless ready rims for under R9000 is a real bargain. If i was I newbie in the market for entry bike I would give it a serious look.

Keep it up CL :thumbup: , oh and thanks for the mystery discount  :D Haters going to hate  :lol:

I would like to thank each and everyone for your input above . I can assure you that it is also good hearing the negative points as well. Just a few points that I want to clear:

1. The CWC store will remain a CWC branding store.

2. It will not be the end of a era where the costumer where king. We will keep on supplying you guys with the best available prices and we will not forget our clients that helped us building the CWC brand.

3. The complete CW family will stay on in the group..

4. It will not be the end of a era.

5. We will still do our imports and we will even increase it and hopefully with the new buying power we will be able to get better deals for you, the cyclist.

Please feel free to contact me anytime should you want to give us some advice or whatever. My e mail is chrissnr@cwcycles.co.za

Regards

Edited by Chris Willemse

I would like to thank each and everyone for your input above . I can assure you that it is also good hearing the negative points as well. Just a few points that I want to clear:

1. The CWC store will remain a CWC branding store.

2. It will not be the end of a era where the costumer where king. We will keep on supplying you guys with the best available prices and we will not forget our clients that helped us building the CWC brand.

3. The complete CW family will stay on in the group..

4. It will not be the end of a era.

5. We will still do our imports and we will even increase it and hopefully with the new buying power we will be able to get better deals for you, the cyclist.

Please feel free to contact me anytime should you want to give us some advice or whatever. My e mail is chrissnr@cwcycles.co.za

Regards

points 1 to 5 are good and exciting points ... well for me anyway

While I have never dealt with Cycle Lab, the few occasions I have ordered from the CWC online store has been nothing short of 110%. Well done and looking forward to many more purchases. 

Have to say i had a great experience @ CL cornubia on weekend...my son got a bargain helmet @ R200 off on Sale & i bought a light and got R100 bucks off on mystery discount code...Boom both winners... good luck going forward  CWC & CL 

I was vocal about my disapproval on the FB post.

As has been mentioned above that CWC will need to buy from the agents which add cost and zero value.

Gone are the days of getting good prices because now all has to be bought through the agents.

I guess we'll soon see how quick CL destroys this great business model you had Oom Chris.

Theres a reason I bought my stuff from you in Cape Town when the CL Mega Store is only 5 minutes away from home in Fourways.

ED-ZACKERLY what he said - There have been bitter few examples of a k@k business buying a great business, and transforming into a great business.  And in this case, there is no reason to sugar-coat the issue - read the archives of the Hub for real-life evidence of just how horrible Cycle Lab is. 

With this said, all we can do is say a big Thank you to CW and his team for being such a wonderful exception on the SA retail landscape.  He deserves to be able cash out, and I hope those okes at CL paid TOP DOLLAR. 

The inevitable $hitshow that is going to unfold where CL pulls CW through their @rse is going to be sad

Just got back from Cyclelab and what a pleasure. Got greeted at the door, picked up their Big Sale pamphlet and looked around, their Silverback Spectra with XT derailer 2x10 with tubless ready rims for under R9000 is a real bargain. If i was I newbie in the market for entry bike I would give it a serious look.

Keep it up CL :thumbup: , oh and thanks for the mystery discount  :D Haters going to hate  :lol:

I agree. Very good place for a starter/ newbie. As soon as you know a bit more or want specific items it is less good. As soon as you start knowing prices it becomes a terrible place...

I agree. Very good place for a starter/ newbie. As soon as you know a bit more or want specific items it is less good. As soon as you start knowing prices it becomes a terrible place...

What can I say, I've only been cycling since 2000.

Care to mention LBS's with display prices cheaper. It has to be display price and not the "special" price you get from having a good relationship with the LBS owner. 

Edited by scotty