DH World Champs chatter

Headshot

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one know who is going to race in place of Stef Garlicki? 

It should be Duuuuuuuuuuraaaaannn. The peoples champ. And he's there. And he's up to speed on Euro tracks. If not Mexico should let him race for them.

It's gonna be weird not having gee there.

Probably a 70% chance of a Frenchie winning it in the men's and 90% chance of a Brit in the women's

Would love to see Mick Hannah getting it. Track suits him and he deserves a world champs more than peaty did. His le bress result was certainly a good sign... But maas has certainly put his hand up now. Greg's always in contention .. And we all know how good Gwinn is on this track (but please no! [emoji16])

I world say tahnee deserves this in the women's.. But no one is gonna give it to her

La Bresse was tailor made for Maes. Everyone needs to calm down about him - amazing result, but the track was basically an EWS stage. He won't top 10 at Worlds.

Podium will be Minnaar, Bruni and Gwinn.

That would be awesome but I think the result is a lottery this year. It will be interesting to see how Maes gels with the World's track. 

It should be Duuuuuuuuuuraaaaannn. The peoples champ. And he's there. And he's up to speed on Euro tracks. If not Mexico should let him race for them.

No Theo loving?

A few years ago when I first met Theo, I had truly hoped that this cool calm, superbly capable youngster was going to take over the mantle from Mr Minn. He just seemed like such a natural.  Other than Mr Minn and Stef (if he qualifies) Theo's recent world cup run is the best by a South African in a very, very long time.

La Bresse was tailor made for Maes. Everyone needs to calm down about him - amazing result, but the track was basically an EWS stage. He won't top 10 at Worlds.

Agree he won't win.. But don't forget he got a top 10 at fort Bill.. The dude can ride and he could definitely get a top 10

No Theo loving?

A few years ago when I first met Theo, I had truly hoped that this cool calm, superbly capable youngster was going to take over the mantle from Mr Minn. He just seemed like such a natural.  Other than Mr Minn and Stef (if he qualifies) Theo's recent world cup run is the best by a South African in a very, very long time.

Agreed! Mr Huck-it definitely deserves to be steezing it up at the World Champs  :thumbup:

He has the skill and definitely the fitness , so bar some Dh mojo I can't see why He  won't place quite high 

Curve ball - I don't see Red Bull advertising the worlds to the SA audience. Have you guys? I suspect the UCI has sold the event to DSTV and RBTV is only showing where there have not been any other deals. 

Curve ball - I don't see Red Bull advertising the worlds to the SA audience. Have you guys? I suspect the UCI has sold the event to DSTV and RBTV is only showing where there have not been any other deals. 

Good question.

Last year it was streamed live from the UCI youtube canal.

redbull will be hosting the event. Not sure if they sole, or co-hosting the stream, but they are. Details on Vitalmtb or PB.