Bryton - Yay or Nay?

dbotha

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never had an issue with them. Good bits of kit at a decent price. Local support is average but the international guys are excellent. Any issues contact them direct. Garmin vs everything else much is like Toyota drivers vs everything else... there isn’t anything else. Ever. So don’t talk about it.

Got myself a Bryton Rider 20 a few years ago. Didn't bother using it, and when I did eventually decide to try it out, it wouldn't charge. I still have it, and it's collecting dust in its box.

My Bryton Rider 21 lasted for four years until the charger could not make contact anymore on the device. And the bike mount cracked in half. Have a Bryton 310 now and works well with wifi/bluetooth connection to phone. Picks up Garmin HR monitor and cadence sensor no questions asked. Battery lasts a few rides and more. Charging port is much better (like phone) but if something goes wrong, I would not be able to get it fixed locally. Replacement parts can be ordered from Amazon where I got mine for much cheaper than here.

The Giant branded version seems to get good feedback from customers and the back up from Dragons Sports is always superb so this may be a good option

My Rider 20 worked perfectly for quite a few years, eventually the charger connection wore out as well.

The new ones seem decent, they have a lot of features for the money. Support and software (website wise) might not compare with Garmin or Wahoo though.

I get the same impression with my Lezyne gps - great hardware, software and support average.

One more thing: medical aid might not support Bryton (at least Momentum does not). You will have to connect Bryton to Strava first. Just another thought...

Loved mine, no issues when I had.

Only changed to Garmin for the wrist based GPS

Ditto. Mine was the bomb. Lost it while hiking in the Berg. Fell down between some rocks.. Otherwise it would still be rocking

One more thing: medical aid might not support Bryton (at least Momentum does not). You will have to connect Bryton to Strava first. Just another thought...

Doesnt work at all with medical aids. Went Garmin to get the points

Medical aids dont use strava anyway due to people fraudulently capturing activities manually