Tour de France 2019

gummibear

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can we view this, other than dstv ?

Steephill TV, there is always a whole list of links for streaming options.

connect for a month then ditch it again. Thats what I do. rest of the time DSTV is a waste of money. repeats and Rugby soccer cricket

know a couple of people that do this ....

hoping for the day we can pay a fee for streaming sports in SA, without having to VPN ....

... Watching Stage 6, to Planche des Belles Filles, is a must, of course, as it’s the first uphill finish and you will see some people get in their buses already crying.

Also feel free to watch stage 14, not that it will be super exciting, but at 117km it’s just long enough for the modern attention span.

Stage 18 is going to be a brute, so make sure you have a nice beer while watching the poor riders suffer and chase the time cut. As usual, the final two days are a must-see if you want a good dose of drama in your system.

The Secret Pro

https://cyclingtips.com/2019/06/the-secret-pros-guide-to-the-2019-tour-de-france/

... Watching Stage 6, to Planche des Belles Filles, is a must, of course, as it’s the first uphill finish and you will see some people get in their buses already crying.

Also feel free to watch stage 14, not that it will be super exciting, but at 117km it’s just long enough for the modern attention span.

Stage 18 is going to be a brute, so make sure you have a nice beer while watching the poor riders suffer and chase the time cut. As usual, the final two days are a must-see if you want a good dose of drama in your system.

The Secret Pro

https://cyclingtips.com/2019/06/the-secret-pros-guide-to-the-2019-tour-de-france/

Ja, I dont really follow the TDF, but I always try and catch the last few days, especially the mountain stages.

The Fantasy League is ready.

Enter here: https://fantasytour.bikehub.co.za/

Teams will be updated as they are confirmed.

If you spot any problems, please let me know.

Why Substitutes?

That’s like going to the dentist for a temporary filling, instead of doing it properly the first time

Grrrrr ????

Substitutes: On the two rest days during the race you'll have the opportunity to substitute riders. You can drop the non-performers or bring in some fresh legs.

Once substituted, riders can be used again, however points are only allocated while a rider is active.... if they're on the bench you don't score points.

Why Substitutes?

That’s like going to the dentist for a temporary filling, instead of doing it properly the first time

Grrrrr

Substitutes: On the two rest days during the race you'll have the opportunity to substitute riders. You can drop the non-performers or bring in some fresh legs.

Once substituted, riders can be used again, however points are only allocated while a rider is active.... if they're on the bench you don't score points.

We like substitutes. It's gives the player something to do and consider during the race. It's more like playing a game than playing the lotto.

We did halve the number of available substitutes this year though.

Three Germans and 3 Austrians in Bora Hansgrohe, pretty close to being national team representation of the sponsors nationality, if that makes sense.

Are there other teams that have higher or even total nationality match up with main sponsor?