Tour de France 2019

gummibear

Yesterday's stage was a borefest. Hope today's is more entertaining.

Yep

Btw... anyone watching the English Eurosport TDF Show with Bradley Wiggins and notice how big his hands are? OMGosh he has dinner plates for hands

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else actually having trouble keeping up with the massive amounts of podcasts on le tour this year and then having to get into the coverage of that days stage. The struggle is real. 

Anyone else actually having trouble keeping up with the massive amounts of podcasts on le tour this year and then having to get into the coverage of that days stage. The struggle is real. 

Indeed, both The Move and The Cycling Podcast seem to have doubled down - just not enough gym time available to get through it all - I feel your pain.

Profiles for today and tomorrow.

Today could be the first real chance for the breakaway to succeed as the GC guys will probably be sitting back for the fun that is tomorrow.

Hoping Ben King tries to go with the break today and make something happen. He should take Stevo Cummings along to do some strong pulls to establish the break.

Guess I'm having an afternoon indoor session tomorrow for motivation [emoji123][emoji123]

Indeed, both The Move and The Cycling Podcast seem to have doubled down - just not enough gym time available to get through it all - I feel your pain.

the move is actually quite good.

Cycling podcast likewise and both get me through the morning IDT grind :)

Today could be the first real chance for the breakaway to succeed as the GC guys will probably be sitting back for the fun that is tomorrow.

Hoping Ben King tries to go with the break today and make something happen. He should take Stevo Cummings along to do some strong pulls to establish the break.

Felt exactly the same when I looked at the stage.

Felt exactly the same when I looked at the stage.

Think especially with such a mountainous stage to follow, it does bode well for the correct break composition seeing that the GC teams won't chase as they know those okes will drop back on GC in the proper mountains. 

if Steve Cummings is in the break, count how many times the commentators say "surprise selection Steve Cummings"

Just turned the TV on (working half day from home is great) and thought to myself that the start should be hectic, then I remembered I have to fetch my kids from school soon.[emoji17]

Soooo many teams are going to want to be in this break, suspect 50km easily covered in the first hour of racing....

Attacks from the gun

13:26

Fast start with Thomas De Gendt, Oliver Naesen and Ben King among the attackers.

:clap:

GO Ben GO

Sorry, the break that eventually got away looks as follows:

S. Clarke 93 EF1
M. Würtz 187 TKA
T. Wellens 168 LTS
T. Skujins 137 TFS

BUT, Bora is leading the pack. Sagan probably wants those points after the Cat3 climb, so best to only try again after the intermediate sprint.

I’m scratching my head about allaphilipe- why does he not target the yellow jersey?

Not built for GC contention in a three week Grand tour.... not yet anyway.

Plus like Sagan, he likes the Fun of bike racing. 

But who knows, maybe in a couple of years...

Peloton really pulling the break back now after that Cat3.

Was 2min at the top, now down to 1min, 12km from the sprint line. 

Seems the peloton wants those sprint points...