Tour de France 2019

gummibear

Might not be so random. When MvdP appears on the TdF scene it might be all he can hope to get :whistling:

Wasn't even thinking of VdPoel. Good point though.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Intermediate sprint = 20points

Mountain finish = 20 points

Hilly Stage finish = 30points

Flat stage Finish=50 points

So Max points still on offer per stage

17:20+30=50

18:20+20=40

19:20+20=40

20:20+20=40

21:20+50=70

So mathematically, the maximum someone can still get is an additional 240. 

BUT we know none of the sprinters will be at the pointy end of the race at the finish of the mountain stages. So just taking the values in BOLD, which is where the Sprinters can realistically contest, makes it a maximum of 180 points still on offer.

Sagan leads Viviani by 85 points. Which is a comfortable lead, but no way that he can sit up and take it easy. He will need to grab as many points as he can on all of the remaining days, even he finishes 2nd to Viviani in all of them, to ensure he doesn't give up his lead.

Still  a long way to Paris for Hulk.

Correction, today is seen as "flat", 50 points on offer at the finish.

"Stage 17 awards 50 points to the stage winner in Gap and 20 to the first man at the intermediate sprint is at Vaison-la-Romaine, km 62."

On your marks, get set, go go go

And

Go

Go

Go?

Edited by Gen

When was the last time a train split the riders...?

26a0.png SAFETY REMINDER 26a0.png Race will pass under the Treize Arches railway Viaduct in Orange. For safety reasons, it's forbidden to penetrate the railway rights-of-way (collisions and electric chocks). Specific safety zones are available. More info

It's going to be madness with that many teams without a win so far and pretty much the last stage for anyone to get a lion. Would be good to watch from the beginning. Going to be going from the gun until something sticks. 

33 riders off the front, including EHB and Ben King!  YAAASSS!!!!

(OK calm down...)

immediately looked for those two names when the names came up

Intermediate sprint = 20points

Mountain finish = 20 points

Hilly Stage finish = 30points

Flat stage Finish=50 points

So Max points still on offer per stage

17:20+30=50

18:20+20=40

19:20+20=40

20:20+20=40

21:20+50=70

So mathematically, the maximum someone can still get is an additional 240. 

BUT we know none of the sprinters will be at the pointy end of the race at the finish of the mountain stages. So just taking the values in BOLD, which is where the Sprinters can realistically contest, makes it a maximum of 180 points still on offer.

Sagan leads Viviani by 85 points. Which is a comfortable lead, but no way that he can sit up and take it easy. He will need to grab as many points as he can on all of the remaining days, even he finishes 2nd to Viviani in all of them, to ensure he doesn't give up his lead.

Still  a long way to Paris for Hulk.

Very interesting. I do not really pay much attention to the race for green and polka so I never knew that this is how the points are allocated. 

Did Viviani compete for the green jersey in the sense that he put in an effort to collect extra points or did he only collect his points by contesting the sprints for the stage wins and is therefore second for green by "default"? 

immediately looked for those two names when the names came up

Some SERIOUSLY strong riders up the road with them, this won't be easy, but they should get away at least.

Edited by Swift&Aero

Some SERIOUSLY strong riders up the road with them, this won't be easy, but they should get away at least.

It's big, I am struggling to see the difference between break away and peloton.

But this stage into Gap is cool.. 2015 (?) Sagan was in the break all day, animated the race..was dropped on that last steep climb and rode a fantastic descent with Pantana (when he was at AIM) on his wheel.. Sagan didn't win but came second, but it was an awesome stage

It's big, I am struggling to see the difference between break away and peloton.

But this stage into Gap is cool.. 2015 (?) Sagan was in the break all day, animated the race..was dropped on that last steep climb and rode a fantastic descent with Pantana (when he was at AIM) on his wheel.. Sagan didn't win but came second, but it was an awesome stage

That descent is what I show people when they ask what's exciting about cycling... 

The break has 2min lead, safe to say it is now eshtablished.

Sagan can relax at the intermediate sprint, all points will be gobbled up.

Lets wait and see whether the break stays away till the end, I suspect it might.