Tour de France 2019

gummibear

Ha ha ha.. so they don't taken gels on down hills.[emoji2957]

Think a field test is needed.. you go and test all the possible scenarios.. all you need is a volunteer to give you a nose bleed[emoji1787][emoji1787]

The Team Director will gladly volunteer a blood nose assistance. I mentioned to the trainee Team Director (aka daughter) that as of 14H00, after school collection, the TV is mine.

It felt like I had abandoned.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So are we going with the rough batch of Columbia’s marching powder causing the nosebleed theory?

Coffee bean flavour gels :-)

No matter what happens or doesn't happen tomorrow or Saturday, this has been the most enjoyable TDF to watch ever since it caught my attention in the middle 2000s.

I would prefer it if anyone BUT Ineos takes the Win in the GC, but if they do take it it would be well deserved.

Looking at how things played out today, JA can likely still be in Yellow after tomorrow. There is a Loooooong descent after the penultimate climb of the day in which he can make up time if they drop him on the HC climb. Then just follow as long as possible up the Cat1 finish and he should finish within 1m30 of the Ineos duo if we look at his form thus far.

Then on Saturday it is anybody's guess with that insane final climb.

Except for Bernal and Thomas the other top contenders made it easy today for Alaphilipe to keep his lead. I think there will be more urgency amongst them tomorrow as it is not in their best interest to wait on Ineos to do all the attacking. 

Except for Bernal and Thomas the other top contenders made it easy today for Alaphilipe to keep his lead. I think there will be more urgency amongst them tomorrow as it is not in their best interest to wait on Ineos to do all the attacking.

It will definitely suit Bernal better if Pinot and Landa ride aggressively. Thomas and Kruijswijk have similar riding styles where they prefer the high tempo.

I think if JA is clever here and use his team well he can actually win this..he needs to try and go into the last stage with 1min in hand and then its just riding the numbers on the last climb. Mas will make a massive difference to help him limit the gaps...he needs to be on form for sure.

Jeepers, here I sit on duty in Sardinia, a holiday destination of note, yet I am on my iPad every day to see how this pans out. I cancelled a kayak trip tomorrow to watch this and I dont even ride road bicycles!! Exciting stuff!!!

Oh, there is another group 1min36 up the road of the Yellow jersey, with Quintanilla from Movistar....

So many pieces, how do they play their moves...?

Ah, in hindsight: It is Movistar, they set themselves up with allot of effort and then they do nothing. Well, they took the stage but didn't make enough gains on GC.

They will need to animate the race today and tomorrow if they want to put someone on the podium...

Alaphillipe just needs to follow Gee's wheel, ignore the rest...

Ineos need to sort out their leadership. Imo they must instruct Thomas to work for Bernal if they want to win, because their domestiques have weaker than the opposition.

Thomas to pace hard on the lower slopes to drop Alaphilippe, Bernal to kick once GT runs out of steam.

What is up with Wout Poels? Kwaitko?

Ineos need to sort out their leadership. Imo they must instruct Thomas to work for Bernal if they want to win, because their domestiques have weaker than the opposition.

Thomas to pace hard on the lower slopes to drop Alaphilippe, Bernal to kick once GT runs out of steam.

What is up with Wout Poels? Kwaitko?

I'm thinking the same. This dual-leadership thing is hurting their chances.

All Gee had to do on that final climb yesterday was sit back and follow wheels, but NOOOO... lets jump and pull everyone closer to Bernal.

His defence was probably that he tried to gap Alaphillipe, but we all know how that turned out.

Bernal could have gained so much more time on the other GC okes, but now Kruiswijk and Pinot is still only 20s away from leapfrogging both of them.

They can easily lose 20s on a mountaintop finish, which is today and tomorrow.

Is this the first year in a long time that there will be no SKY/Ineos rider on the final podium... :huh:

Apparently: Nairo Quintana set a new climbing record on Col du Galibier: 22 min 28 sec. Incredible ascent, one minute faster than Frank Schleck in 2011.

There did seem to be a pumping tailwind most of the way up

Coming second is over rated. Either win or do not win.

Ineos I suspect are playing a masterful game. We wait n see. Sad thing is I have to work today. No work no pay kinda sucks.