Makro Cannondale

Eugene

What I can gather from what he meant is that Makro Wonderboom only has mediums.There was one trail 5 Medium on display on top of about 5 boxes,when i checked the labels on the boxes all of them are medium size's

Someone commented several pages back that Makro only brought in mediums.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Makro Milnerton on Monday. Walked in and had a look at the Cannondale. Saleman says, this is a very popular bike only a few left and they all spoken for. Not sure why but everyone is asking for them. Whats so special?

So I whip out the phone and punch in cannondale.com and show him the Scalpel.

Okes eyes nearly fell out.

#se-ma-net

My thoughts are that things in this country have become way overpriced. This 'deal' is good value in that what you pay is what it is worth and not the usual overpaying for things.

Edited by RVDM90

My thoughts are that things in this country have become way overpriced. This 'deal' is good value in that what you pay is what it is worth and not the usual overpaying for things.

yup, I remember circa 2001 you could get an nice avarage bike for around 7-10k. Decent starter mtb's were around 2k if it had some sort RST shock in the front. Not talking about above avarage kind of suff. I'll classify this Trail 5 at about above-entry-level in today speak..not your last bicycle but not total crap either...you definitely don't have to feel ashamed when whipping this badboy out at you local funride...even though you got it from Makro. And if that bothers you..just tell everyone you got it from CWC LOL. then again, they might rag on you for paying almost double for it then. :blush:

Someone commented several pages back that Makro only brought in mediums.

I can confirm this,I asked on Facebook and they said ONLY mediums.

Guys is this confirmed cause there is nothing on Makro website?

Was at Makro Woodmead yesterday, only saw mediums. So not confirming it, but the evidence is not looking good.

Was at Makro Woodmead yesterday, only saw mediums. So not confirming it, but the evidence is not looking good.

Got Confirmation on this from Makro Wonderboom only Medium's were brought in.According to him Gauteng Trail 5's are sold out!!!  

Hi Guys

I'm in the market for a mountain bike and i see the Cannondale range is quite good. Does anyone know if any CT stores has any available and which branches.

My height is 1.65m, should i buy the small or medium?

Hi Guys

I'm in the market for a mountain bike and i see the Cannondale range is quite good. Does anyone know if any CT stores has any available and which branches.

My height is 1.65m, should i buy the small or medium?

Well the fact that they only imported mediums I would go with medium .

I was at Makro recently and it seems that irrespective of the brand, i.e. Totem, Raleigh, Cannondale,

all of the adult bicycles are only available in one size and that is medium.

someone mentioned they only come in mediums and i think you might be a tad late...especially for the Trail 5. might still be some 7's around not sure. they sold like hotcakes. Unless there is more stock on the way I don't know. There was only 1 trail 5 left in Cape town at the cape gate makro a few weeks ago.

Well the fact that they only imported mediums I would go with medium .

Ok cool, Thanks. Is there a big difference in the 5 to the 7. Seems 7 is only available, anyone who knows their parts and specs, do you still think the 7 for 4k is still worth it for a beginner in mountain biking, mostly on road.

Does the brake system make a big difference between the 5 and the 7 and is the 7 still good enough for a casual rider.

Ok cool, Thanks. Is there a big difference in the 5 to the 7. Seems 7 is only available, anyone who knows their parts and specs, do you still think the 7 for 4k is still worth it for a beginner in mountain biking, mostly on road.

Its the same frame which is very good and received excellent reviews. For a beginner this will be a perfect bike and as the components wear out you can then upgrade to a higher spec. component.

But in the meantime get the bike and enjoy your time outside.

Its the same frame which is very good and received excellent reviews. For a beginner this will be a perfect bike and as the components wear out you can then upgrade to a higher spec. component.

But in the meantime get the bike and enjoy your time outside.

Thanks for the advice, how long do you think the components would need to be replaced.