Makro Cannondale

Eugene

Thanks for the advice, how long do you think the components would need to be replaced.

Depends on mileage, how hard you ride, riding conditions, maintenance and cleaning schedule etc.

If you look after the bike, clean and regular maintenance you will get good mileage out of the stock components.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the advice, how long do you think the components would need to be replaced.

Short answer: It depends. 

Long answer: It depends on your treatment of them, where you'll ride (mud / wet / tar etc) your expected daily / monthly mileage, your servicing standards and your treatment of the parts as a whole (abuse etc)

Should last a fair while, going on average user treatment. 

I went with a ballie who bought one. 

His previous bike was a very very very old 3x6 ralleigh, and you weren't able to lock out the front suspension and lets not mention wheelsize

He is over the moon and is requesting regular tag alongs where he barely rode his previous bike. 

Like everyone is saying, more people on the road, more awareness. 

I went with a ballie who bought one. 

His previous bike was a very very very old 3x6 ralleigh, and you weren't able to lock out the front suspension and lets not mention wheelsize

He is over the moon and is requesting regular tag alongs where he barely rode his previous bike. 

Like everyone is saying, more people on the road, more awareness. 

friends don't let friends put 17" wheels on their golf 1's ?...

:ph34r: 

• 3 weeks later...

Lol. To be fair those aren't the makro ones...suspect they are newer versions..they look like 2x10/deore deraileur/shimano brakes and cassette and the makro ones defo didnt come in that pimp color ^_^

The macro 5 is 3x9, Tekro brakes, sunrace and shimano Acera in either Blue/red trim or green/ blue trim.

EDIT: the one in the advert also has an inboard rear brake mount

Edited by morneS555

Lol. To be fair those aren't the makro ones...suspect they are newer versions..they look like 2x10/deore deraileur/shimano brakes and cassette and the makro ones defo didnt come in that pimp color ^_^

The macro 5 is 3x9, Tekro brakes, sunrace and shimano Acera in either Blue/red trim or green/ blue trim.

fair point 

bike in the ad is definitely not worth it tho 

True.. But pretty bad luck if you're tryjng to sell 2 trail 5s right now considering theyre not the makro spec. Wonder why he's got 2 brand new ones.. But yeah either way for 10k they wont sell.

True.. But pretty bad luck if you're tryjng to sell 2 trail 5s right now considering theyre not the makro spec. Wonder why he's got 2 brand new ones.. But yeah either way for 10k they wont sell.

Yep, very weird. The one ridden only two times, the other one brand new and never ridden. Very strange... Insurance claim where the insurer only offered vouchers maybe?

fair point 

bike in the ad is definitely not worth it tho 

agree 100%. but as stated earlier in this thread...he probably bought them for around 12-13k new lol. So if anything he is a bit over zealous in his assesment of his bikes' 2nd hand value. 

haha they all makro's now ..